The Official World Politics Thread

watching some clips of desantis and hes the most fucking awkward person I've ever seen run for office. Not awkward in a way like Biden is "wow he's so old" way or even like in a Trump wtf is he doing way. Desantis really does not know how to interact with people. it's like mitt Romney but even worse, because Romney at least looked happy to be there. Desantis seems to hate speaking to others. If he was 30 yrs younger I would think he's a prime candidate to shoot up his high school.

Reactions: TheNightKing
watching some clips of desantis and hes the most fucking awkward person I've ever seen run for office. Not awkward in a way like Biden is "wow he's so old" way or even like in a Trump wtf is he doing way. Desantis really does not know how to interact with people. it's like mitt Romney but even worse, because Romney at least looked happy to be there. Desantis seems to hate speaking to others. If he was 30 yrs younger I would think he's a prime candidate to shoot up his high school.
I definitely agree. It’s like he is only there because someone behind the scenes forced him to be there. He does not enjoy the campaign in the least.

Which is scary because once he has the power you’ll see exactly how much contempt he has for people, especially marginalized people who he could care the least about.

The silver lining is that this awkwardness will be glaring in the general election where he’ll really have to step outside of his bubble.

Reactions: Earth 2 Superman
a lot of presidents, including Trump, Biden, Obama, W, (and politicians in general) when you see them talk to others, it's like they're trying to bring them into their presence. like act warm (in their own way) to make you comfortable around them. Desantis does the complete opposite. everything about his body language says keep the fuck away from me.

the odds are low that those people here voted for Biden. But he's treating them like old friends, and in turn, they open up to him. thats a talent. desantis does not have that. he straight up looks like a caveman they gave a haircut and a suit to

AP22278716941078.jpg

a lot of presidents, including Trump, Biden, Obama, W, (and politicians in general) when you see them talk to others, it's like they're trying to bring them into their presence. like act warm (in their own way) to make you comfortable around them. Desantis does the complete opposite. everything about his body language says keep the fuck away from me.

the odds are low that those people here voted for Biden. But he's treating them like old friends, and in turn, they open up to him. thats a talent. desantis does not have that. he straight up looks like a caveman they gave a haircut and a suit to

View attachment 1125668
The shirt says it all to your point about them not voting for Biden