Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

I'm confused...

So do they get their land back or does this just mean that any crime committed by Natives on said laid cant be prosecuted by the state... but will have to be prosecuted federally?

Local and state authorities don’t have jurisdiction in those areas. The tribes have their own police departments. So only tribal police and feds have jurisdiction.

Local and state authorities don’t have jurisdiction in those areas. The tribes have their own police departments.

The supreme court decision makes it seem like local and state authorities DID have jurisdiction in those areas previously though...including Tulsa. Now they dont?

lol gotta admit I'm having trouble understanding this one fully

The supreme court decision makes it seem like local and state authorities DID have jurisdiction in those areas previously though...including Tulsa. Now they dont?

lol gotta admit I'm having trouble understanding this one fully

I got some clarification, the changes only apply for tribe members

I got some clarification, the changes only apply for tribe members

Interesting how they classify it as part of the reservation in terms of not being able to file state/local charges but they haven't said shit about the actual LAND. I wonder if there's any legal recourse the tribes can take to say...... well since this is classified as part of the reservation... either you pay up, rent or GTFO

Back