Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

This dude Stringer hates when people beat him to posting news and he can't post his corny gifs so he'll post whats already been posted in diff words lol

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/aides-including-mulvaney-goaded-trump-ground-pelosi-flight

Aides Including Mulvaney Goaded Trump To Ground Pelosi’s Flight In Retaliation

Some of President Donald Trump’s staffers—including acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney—had a thirst for revenge after reading House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) State of the Union letter.

According to a Thursday New York Time report, Mulvaney and the other disgruntled aides goaded Trump to knock her down a peg especially after her proclamation about the legislature being a coequal branch of the government.

The team thought that grounding her was the easiest way to get revenge, and were reportedly gleeful when Trump acted on their suggestions.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/gop-rep-go-back-to-puerto-rico-apologizes

GOP Rep Who Shouted ‘Go Back To Puerto Rico!’ Apologizes To Cardenas

Rep. Jason Smith (R-MO) called Rep. Tony Cardenas (D-CA) to apologize for yelling “go back to Puerto Rico!” while the California-born Democrat prepared to speak on the House floor Thursday.

“While waiting to speak on the floor of the People’s House, a member of Congress shouted, ‘go back to Puerto Rico!’ I was shocked, because I often heard those kinds of comments when I was a kid growing up in Pacoima, California, where I was born and raised,” Cardenas told TPM through a spokesperson. “A few hours later, I received a call from Congressman Jason Smith, who took responsibility for the comment and sincerely apologized. I accepted his apology.”

“I told him I look forward to having a nice and respectful conversation when we return to D.C. on Tuesday. He agreed that we should get to know each other better,” Cardenas continued. “I appreciate his call and our future relationship. There is a saying that I was taught by my parents, de todo lo malo, siempre sale algo bueno, which in English means, ‘from everything bad, something good will come of it.'”

On Thursday, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD) rebuked the then-unknown congressman who shouted the remark, warning the body to “refrain from any implications which have any undertones of prejudice or racism.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/king-tries-raise-money-off-of-white-supremacist-remarks

King Tries To Fundraise Over Backlash To White Supremacist Remarks

Rep. Steve King (R-IA) is attempting to fundraise off of the controversy that’s swelled in recent days over his remarks about white supremacy to the New York Times earlier this month, the Des Moines Register reported.

In a campaign email to supporters, King criticized the “unhinged left” and Republican “NeverTrumpers” for the backlash to his remarks, despite condemnation and calls for his resignation from people in his party who are friendly with Trump.

“The unhinged left has teamed up with Republican ‘NeverTrumpers’ and is pulling out all the stops to destroy me,” King reportedly wrote, blaming the “rabid leftist media” for attacking him over his support of Trump and his stance on immigration.

After King questioned why the terms white supremacist and white nationalist were considered offensive, Republicans and Democrats denounced his remarks. Republican leadership moved to strip King of all his committee assignments and the House voted in favor of a disapproval resolution over the matter.

Back