Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official World Politics Thread

DlNK6tJUYAEbC8b.jpg

giphy.gif

Nah he strolled right into Pelosi’s trap. Now he can’t blame the Dems for the shutdown cause he’s talking about it even before they take over.

She was trying to make him own the shutdown and he did. Lmao @ his reaction when she called it the “Trump shutdown.”

He looked proud when he realized she called it Trump Shutdown, man loves his name lol

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckr...ongress-lies-to-robert-muellers-investigators

Michael Cohen Repeated His Congress Lies To Robert Mueller’s Investigators

Former Trump attorney and convicted felon Michael Cohen initially lied to special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigators, too, federal prosecutor Jeannie Rhee said at Cohen’s sentencing hearing Wednesday.

Cohen “initially repeated false statements” that he had made to Congress regarding the length and substance of Trump organization attempts to build a Trump Tower Moscow during the 2016 presidential campaign, Rhee said.

Rhee said that Cohen has “intended to” slow down and divert the investigation through his lies, adding that the matter had “national importance and interest” due to its focus on the “question of links or coordination between a presidential campaign and a foreign government.”

Cohen pleaded guilty to one count of lying to Congress on Nov. 29, after revealing in a second September meeting with the special counsel that he had lied. He first contacted Mueller’s team in July.

Rhee added that the “government has agreed with Mr. Cohen to bring his assistance to your attention” in part because his cooperation had been “ranging and helpful.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/michael-cohen-said-donald-trump-no-artist-at-dealmaking

During Sentencing, Michael Cohen Said Donald Trump No Artist At Dealmaking

Former Trump fixer and freshly convicted felon Michael Cohen took a moment during his emotional plea for leniency to take a swipe at President Trump’s business acumen.

“I have been leading a personal and mental incarceration ever since the fateful day that I accepted the offer to work for a famous real estate mogul whose business acumen I greatly admired,” he told the judge during a plea for a light sentence, before adding: “I now know there is little to be admired.”

“I felt it was my duty to cover up his dirty deeds,” Cohen added, out of “blind loyalty to Donald Trump.”

Cohen was sentenced to three years prison time by U.S. District Judge William Pauley of the Southern District of New York.

“No other defendant would be treated in this fashion on these offenses,” Cohen defense attorney Guy Petrillo said. “Mr. Cohen had the misfortune to be counsel to the president.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/lanny-davis-anybody-associated-trump-lot-worry

Lanny Davis: ‘Anybody Associated With Trump Campaign Has A Lot To Worry About’

Michael Cohen’s former lawyer Lanny Davis — who worked as a special counsel to former President Bill Clinton — said on MSNBC following Cohen’s sentencing Wednesday that anyone involved with the Trump campaign should be concerned about their legal fate.

When asked if he thinks Trump’s children will be indicted, Davis wouldn’t say, but suggested they had plenty to worry about.

“I would say (Trump’s children) have a lot to worry about. I don’t know who the ‘they’ is, in that anybody associated with the Trump campaign has a lot to worry about,” he said. “Bob Mueller, who’s akin to a submarine, silently fueled by facts and only facts, no leaks and just watch and wait and that’s what Mr. Cohen will do and then Michael will tell the truth once Mueller is finished.”

The comments follow Cohen’s sentencing on Wednesday, in which he received three years in prison for lying to Congress, violating campaign finance law and several other federal crimes.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/bahrain-king-rudy-giuliani-meeting

Bahrain Calls Giuliani Leader Of ‘US Delegation’ After Biz Meeting With King

President Donald Trump’s personal attorney was referred to as the leader of a “high-level U.S. delegation” by Bahrain’s state-run news agency on Tuesday, though Giuliani met with the country’s king as a representative of his personal business, not the United States. The New York Times flagged the meeting Wednesday.

“His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa today at the Safriya Palace received former mayor of New York City, Rudy Giuliani, leading a high-level delegation,” read Bahrain News Agency’s brief write up of Giuliani’s photo-op with the King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa. “HM the King praised the longstanding Bahraini-US relations, noting keenness of the two countries to constantly develop them. Topics of joint interests were also discussed.”

Giuliani also met with Bahrain’s interior minister, the Times reported Wednesday.

Giuliani stressed in an interview with the paper that he made no representations on behalf of the United States, and that he makes clear in consulting contracts that he will not lobby the U.S. government. He was in Bahrain to pursue a consulting contract, the Times reported.

“I’m probably the most ethical person you ever met,” Giuliani told the Times. “I follow all the rules. I have no desire to trade on anything.”

He added: “I can guarantee you, whether they think the picture is valuable, there is nothing I’m going to do to help them other than what they pay me for.”

Giuliani, the Times reported, said the meeting was set up by Robert Stryk. According to a Foreign Agents Registration Act filing flagged by the Times, Stryk’s firm has said its work for Bahrain consists of “facilitat[ing] meetings and interactions with U.S. administration officials.”

The Times characterized the trip as “part of a concerted push Mr. Giuliani has undertaken in the last few weeks to win business from governments around the world” for his firm Giuliani Security and Safety. TPM previously reported on a conference Giuliani headlined earlier this year in Armenia. The Trump lawyer and his firm have done similar business for interests in Romania and Ukraine.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/ami-sdny-non-prosecution-agreement

Feds Agreed Not To Pursue National Enquirer Parent Over Trump Hush Money

After Michael Cohen was sentenced to three years in prison, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York announced that prosecutors had previously reached an agreement not to prosecute the National Enquirer’s parent company over its payment to kill Karen McDougal’s story about her alleged affair with President Trump.

As part of the agreement, American Media, Inc., admitted that it paid McDougal $150,000 in an attempt to influence the 2016 election, according to a statement from the U.S. attorney’s office.

“The Office also announced today that it has previously reached a non-prosecution agreement with AMI, in connection with AMI’s role in making the above-described $150,000 payment before the 2016 presidential election,” the U.S. attorney’s office said in a statement on Cohen’s sentencing. “As a part of the agreement, AMI admitted that it made the $150,000 payment in concert with a candidate’s presidential campaign, and in order to ensure that the woman did not publicize damaging allegations about the candidate before the 2016 presidential election. AMI further admitted that its principal purpose in making the payment was to suppress the woman’s story so as to prevent it from influencing the election.”

Cohen was sentenced Wednesday for several charges, including campaign finance violations due to his role in arranging payments to McDougal and Stormy Daniels.

In McDougal’s case, Cohen worked with David Pecker (pictured), a Trump ally and CEO of AMI, to pay McDougal for the rights to her story about an alleged affair with Trump, though McDougal’s story about Trump was never published. Though Cohen initially planned to repay AMI for the catch-and-kill agreement, he never repaid the media company.

Read the full statement:

The Office also announced today that it has previously reached a non-prosecution agreement with AMI, in connection with AMI’s role in making the above-described $150,000 payment before the 2016 presidential election. As a part of the agreement, AMI admitted that it made the $150,000 payment in concert with a candidate’s presidential campaign, and in order to ensure that the woman did not publicize damaging allegations about the candidate before the 2016 presidential election. AMI further admitted that its principal purpose in making the payment was to suppress the woman’s story so as to prevent it from influencing the election.

Assuming AMI’s continued compliance with the agreement, the Office has agreed not to prosecute AMI for its role in that payment. The agreement also acknowledges, among other things, AMI’s acceptance of responsibility, its substantial and important assistance in this investigation, and its agreement to provide cooperation in the future and implement specific improvements to its internal compliance to prevent future violations of the federal campaign finance laws. These improvements include distributing written standards regarding federal election laws to its employees and conducting annual training concerning these standards.

All these white men getting slapped on the wrist smh

Michael Flynn was charged with crimes agains the country as a military officer he got jackshit..

In another time we would have met the firing squad..

And Cohen gets to go on vacay and catch all the birthdays anniversaries or whatever then turn himself in march

White privlege is something else

Back