Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Suggestions Thread

Trini, I still don't understand how you single. You must be crazy af irl, and you know them crazy girls got that fiyah puss. Lawd

You speaking that truth in here
';.'
Even a broken clock is right twice a day, fam.

Much love.

@NeighborhoodNomad

These are different websites. There is no need to compare or compete. We are not monolithic. No one website has sole claim on being a black forum or black site - nor should that be the goal. Quite the opposite. There should be more black oriented places on the internet for us to be and we should want to support them. Yes, we are a minority on the internet and our designated spaces are fewer in number. That does not mean only one can exist, only one should prevail, or users should only pick one place to be.

Do you see non-black websites or businesses adopt that mindset? Starting an endeavor by lowering that of others is a bad omen. It isn't needed. It isn't constructive. It will not help. The "there can only be one" mentality and pettiness is in no one's interest. It will only serve to lower those who partake in it. The focus should be on uplifting.

My understanding is that the focus of ABW is the entirety of the website, to which the forum is only a supplement. Within the forum, the aim is a discussion space for black people where we can talk about anything. People who are not black are allowed to be here, although that is not who the forum would be geared towards or catering to under any circumstances.

In the same vein as the main site, you'll see the music forum is one of the primary focuses, with areas to discuss battle rap and such. Of course, like most forums, there are also general section for miscellaneous discussion, a relationship specific forum (since so many topics fall under that umbrella), fashion forums in which all genders can participate, a beauty forum where we ladies can discuss grooming (though men can join in too!). As the site grows and thread trends become more apparent, more sub-forums may be needed to organize navigation.

It's still early days :)

I agree with everything you said. My whole point is these two sites in particular can build together while being two different and separate entities with two different and separate goals. When we build together, we leave no room to compare and compete. It would be more about "support and success" than compare and compete.

I already have ideas that I believe can benefit everyone involved.

Both of these sites are in their early stages. One is a few days old and one is a few months old. Both are still babies...

collaboraborative podcast would be ideal..

wont have to focus on the specific sites themselves..

more of a general black current event/issues podcast

_ new post count outside of thread
_ members only section
_ where our money at bruh? I'm spoiled now
_ a thread with rules
_ something to explain the points or money system

_ members only section
_ a thread with rules
Ain't no rules fam we wildin dafuck out here. Pop bottles and sell dope if you got it grab broads in the meow if you have to. It's on pimp

_ members only section
_ a thread with rules

Great suggestions. Most of them are already in the works and I already sent you the bread nigga lol

Ain't no rules fam we wildin dafuck out here. Pop bottles and sell dope if you got it grab broads in the meow if you have to. It's on pimp
giphy.gif

Back