Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Official Picture Thread (NonVIP) 2017-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a dope four day weekend holiday to celebrate the emancipation of slaves out here in Bermuda way back in like 1835..

Cup match out here is dope and folks usually check the cricket game for 2 days.. go to the beach and party... and the last day(sunday) theres a bigass raft up on the water.. where we all drank and celebrate.

View attachment 63623 View attachment 63624 View attachment 63625 View attachment 63626 View attachment 63627 View attachment 63628 View attachment 63629 View attachment 63630 View attachment 63631 View attachment 63632
where this at?

thats alot of black people and water....

lookis like they had a ball

might be something i look into for next year.

i been too busy this year...havent had too much vacation time

Best time to come for events/festivities is either Bermuda Heroes Weekend which takes place in mid June.... or Cup Match, which is around August 1st to the 4th.

Summer time in general is dope but those are the two biggest times of the year as far as partyin n all that goes

Mind you, I played no part in them buying this shit except paying for it

My 11yo. Bulls fan for the longest.

20180809_200826.jpg

My 8yo. Nas was so fitting imo 20180809_200851.jpg

Lemme tell you how BLACK that African American Museum is...
20180809_171705.jpg

When I saw that on display...I almost lost it. Lol!

The Dalinkwent shirts were GOAT! Loved those shirts. Oh but it didnt stop there...

20180809_171906.jpg 20180809_171947.jpg

It's like a they displayed this for the all non-blacks to learn. Lol

Want to show one more pic...
20180809_160431.jpg

The 2nd pic at the top...Laura Nelson's son was accused of murder, but she took the blame. They found her not guilty...AND still killed her. They hung her AND her son off the bridge.

They had a few displays like this. I think the one that hit the visitors the hardest, was that Emmit Till display. They got a video showing where his body was found, and the actual people people who worked in the funeral home that prepped his body.

One of the ladies described IN DETAIL his injuries, and the state his mutilated was in...wow. This one white dude busted out "Oh God" b/c he couldn't believe how they killed him. Plus you can kinda see the older folks kinda reliving the news of his death all over again too.

I've read about Emmitt Till multiple times, but it's a whole different experience when you have people who there give their 1st hand account. When they explained why his mother opted to have an open casket, and how big of an impact it had on the civil rights movement.

Check it out man. Highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back