Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MMA Thread

I get UFC logic but I don't get UFC logic. You got all these fighters complaining about pay, but that was never an issue 10/15 years ago when guys were securing sponsorships left and right. I remember Clay Guido and other gatekeeper guys talking about they were clearing a million per fight or at least six figures from advertising then the Reebok deal killed it.

From a business perspective, I understand wanting a uniform look for the fighters. However, Dana knew he had a staff of idiots when he said this is a good deal for everybody when only UFC was getting the $40 million or whatever it was and the show went on for a long stretch before anyone complained. Hell, Connor started barking for the Floyd fight to get his money up because UFC checks weren't shit. Just go back to letting guys get sponsorship money. Problem solved.

I get UFC logic but I don't get UFC logic. You got all these fighters complaining about pay, but that was never an issue 10/15 years ago when guys were securing sponsorships left and right. I remember Clay Guido and other gatekeeper guys talking about they were clearing a million per fight or at least six figures from advertising then the Reebok deal killed it.

From a business perspective, I understand wanting a uniform look for the fighters. However, Dana knew he had a staff of idiots when he said this is a good deal for everybody when only UFC was getting the $40 million or whatever it was and the show went on for a long stretch before anyone complained. Hell, Connor started barking for the Floyd fight to get his money up because UFC checks weren't shit. Just go back to letting guys get sponsorship money. Problem solved.
Yeah, that should be that easy but Dana wants his product to look a certain way, to look as pro as the NBA/MLB/NFL...he doesn't want a condom logo on the short of a fighter broadcasted on ESPN. He also wants to keeps his shareholders happy and not cut into their money. If Disney/ESPN doesn't intervene or some legislation gets passed, he'll have the last laugh. Unfortunately.

Yeah, that should be that easy but Dana wants his product to look a certain way, to look as pro as the NBA/MLB/NFL...he doesn't want a condom logo on the short of a fighter broadcasted on ESPN. He also wants to keeps his shareholders happy and not cut into their money. If Disney/ESPN doesn't intervene or some legislation gets passed, he'll have the last laugh. Unfortunately.

And that's lame as fuck. Wish a handful of business-minded fighters unionized the game and came up with a Fighters Association that could hammer out better deals. Buuuuuut.. the likelihood of that is slim to none.

And that's lame as fuck. Wish a handful of business-minded fighters unionized the game and came up with a Fighters Association that could hammer out better deals. Buuuuuut.. the likelihood of that is slim to none.
Yeah man, UFC preying on fighter’s insecurities. Let’s say Jon Jones want 10M for his next fight and Stipe’s been getting 600K, all they have to do if bump his pay to a million, him and his opponent and they’ll forget about the union lol. There’s no solidarity unfortunately

Back