Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

I mean, I'd fuck Scarlett Johansson, but I don't need a Black Widow movie from her. Is that sexist? I feel like it is. Ah well.

I don't want to see a super hero Black Widow movie, but an assassin/spy thriller Black Widow might be cool. Take it the route Fox did with Logan and give it a totally different tone so it better fits the character.

Gore Verbinski left Gambit as a director. Movie set to release in a year, still hasnt filmed shit and just lost its third director. Disney/marvel need to dead that shit.

So when is Deadpool dropping ?
Deadpool 2 could take the previously announced March 2, 2018 “Untitled Fox/Marvel Film” release date and February 14, 2019 is being eyed for the Deadpool 3/X-Force movie that's already in the works.

I don't want to see a super hero Black Widow movie, but an assassin/spy thriller Black Widow might be cool. Take it the route Fox did with Logan and give it a totally different tone so it better fits the character.
Lauren Schuler Donner greenlit it off Channing Tatum expressing an interest in playing the role. They tried to make it a star vehicle to bring him into the franchise but in trying to cater to him they've got nowhere and as you said they've apparently went through 2 draft scripts and three directors already. Unfortunately this isn't 1986 and Channing Tatum is not Stallone or Schwarzenegger, so trying to make a star vehicle hasn't exactly worked out. Same deal with the A Star Is Born remake that once had Jamie Foxx and Beyonce involved and is now slated for release with Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper that got passed around for the better part of a decade with different names attached.

So when is Deadpool dropping ?

Went from June 1st to May 8th, 2018.

New Mutants has been pushed back by almost 10 months.

They did Test screenings, and while reactions werent bad, they werent as great as Fox had hoped for. It sounds like audiences really liked the horror aspects, so they will be doing reshoots and adding more elements of Horror.

Seems like a no brainer.

She's a huge star and it's a good time after Wonder Woman.
The only real reason they saying f it because they should've gave her a film the time the other characters were getting their second films.

Are people checking for a Black Widow movie though? I wouldn't check for a Falcon, War Machine, Hawkeye or Winter Soldier solo movie either.
There's fans that's been wanting it for years and she's been there from the beginning. A smaller budget Jason Bourne type film I'd watch.

Went from June 1st to May 8th, 2018.

New Mutants has been pushed back by almost 10 months.

They did Test screenings, and while reactions werent bad, they werent as great as Fox had hoped for. It sounds like audiences really liked the horror aspects, so they will be doing reshoots and adding more elements of Horror.
I wonder how much of that will involve Anya Taylor Joy, she's getting very busy lately and might not be available for any immediate reshoots.

I guess that could work

How would that work
Since Marc123 isn't and I'm not but I've edited a shit tonne of crap

Black Widow
Record scrubbed and living a normal life as Natalie Roman, Black Widow has retreated to a private life in Europe with a boyfriend who is a delivery driver of groceries. Until one day she returns home to find him dead, killed by what appears to be her wrist darts and electrical charges. As she chases the information down the rabbit hole, she doesn't realise she is being chased. Leviathan have reinstated the Red Room and Natasha Romanov will teach the new generation of Widow's... one way or the other. And if she has a problem with that? She'll have to fight her way out and fight her programming. That'll run you 130 minutes easy.

Winter Soldier could just be all his hits before Stark and trying to remember who he was while fighting through his own nightmarish recollections in his dreams while in cryosleep... then his side of events in Winter Soldier and Civil War briefly... then going under in Wakanda ("hey that rhymes!") and being woken up in time for The Black Order invading.

Back