Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official MCU Thread

DanielRPK

So, I hear that Marvel is looking for a writer who can handle both comedy and drama. It sounds like they don't want their X-Men to be purely comedic. Additionally, I've heard that they want to focus on the female characters and introduce new members we haven't seen in live action, alongside the original members we all know and love.

DanielRPK

So, I hear that Marvel is looking for a writer who can handle both comedy and drama. It sounds like they don't want their X-Men to be purely comedic. Additionally, I've heard that they want to focus on the female characters and introduce new members we haven't seen in live action, alongside the original members we all know and love.
Lol oh that'll be fun to see the reactions with the castings

DanielRPK

So did they throw out the idea of doing the original team (Cyclops, Jean, Beast and Angel)? Or was that just a rumor?

DanielRPK

Aye slim why you never actually post buddy tweets.

You always transcribing it is hilarious to me 😂

DanielRPK

Why would.you want X-Men to be purely comedic in the first place? X-Men with o drama? Foh. Itsounds like they don't know what they are doing. They're fucking up already. This shit is gonna flop.

Why would.you want X-Men to be purely comedic in the first place? X-Men with o drama? Foh. Itsounds like they don't know what they are doing. They're fucking up already. This shit is gonna flop.

The problem is they're trying to figure out what worked so well with the original MCU flicks and trying to bring that back for the X Men while still injecting "Disney" into them.

I've been watching a bunch of older MCU flicks and can honestly say the amount of jokes or running gags in the older flicks is really, really low compared to newer stuff. The jokes and whatnot worked in the older movies because they came off naturally as a part of the dialogue and, really, was kept to a minimum. The newer flicks tend to have too many jokes in them and they shoehorn the jokes in places where it would have been better to just leave it out.

Last edited:
The problem is they're trying to figure out what worked so well with the original MCU flicks and trying to bring that back for the X Men while still injecting "Disney" into them.

I've been watching a bunch of older MCU flicks and can honestly say the amount of jokes or running gags in the older flicks is really, really low compared to newer stuff. The jokes and whatnot worked in the older movies because they came off naturally as a part of the dialogue and, really, was kept to a minimum. The newer flicks tend to have too many jokes in them and they shoehorn the jokes in places where it would have been better to just leave it out.
They need to do the opposite of everything that didn't work in phase 4. They 60 years of stories from the source material and the animated series /xmen97 it shouldn't be hard to find the tone. They need to keep th humor to a man nimun and lose the whimsical Disney tone dependijgon the IP they are adapting.

Last edited:
They need to do the opposite of everything that didn't work in phase 4. They 60 years of stories from the source material and the animated series /xmen97 it shouldn't be hard to find the tone. They need to keep th humor to a man nimun and lose the whimsical Disney tone dependijgon the IP they are adapting.
A lot of that history may not be easy to digest as a casual fan

They are concerned about their bottomline first and foremost. If a good story is a biproduct of that, then it's icing on the cake

Back