Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Loc Thread

we in here

we in here

Yes I took about a month or so before I decided to just do and see what happens. So many different ways to start the process. With the pandemic I haven't even gone to get them professionally re twisted in the almost 2 years since I started. Here is a beginning pic. You can see how the texture is. I kept my hair under head wraps alot. SmartSelect_20210712-183640_Snapchat.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I took about a month or so before I decided to just do and see what happens. So many different ways to start the process. With the pandemic I haven't even gone to get them professionally re twisted in the almost 2 years since I started. Here is a beginning pic. You can see how the texture is. I kept my hair under head wraps alot. View attachment 585017View attachment 585018

Good stuff! What made you want to get locs to begin with?

Good stuff! What made you want to get locs to begin with?

At the time I lacked patience and understanding of my natural hair. I really was just pushing my hair in a puff and moving on. I wasn't maintaining length and my lifestyle really wasn't setup or I had not found a way to make it work. I was trying different products to achieve "a look". I finally realized that maybe a different type of natural hairstyle was better for me. Also I had some insecurities about my hair texture and how to style it in corporate America. Probably my eating habits and other things made my fro kinda plateau. But I was getting tired of trying to achieve cute braid out/ twist out and it just being a messy fro.

If your in a relationship and both of you have locs. Do you automatically retwist each other's hair? How do you feel about them going to get it "professionally" done. I really don't want another woman in my man's crown. That shit can be hella personal and its kinda bonding to tend to your partners hair. I think it's also triggering for me because I definitely had a dude go with the girl who did his hair after we broke up, had me wondering, lol.Reminds me of the Mario song,he wasn't just talking about hair!

I want my dude to go to a professional. I hate doing my own hair as it is. Hell, I’ll even pay.

there are male loctitians too but idc what gender they are. If they know what they’re doing, I’m paying.

every once in a while I wouldn’t mind but if he is the type that like the manicured look, nah.

Back