Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Loc Thread

I can officially make a pony tail

tenor.gif

dreads covering your eyes 24-7 is annoying af

What lol

I thought you been had length b

Most of em been long enough to fit in a pony tail except the front two. They're finally long enough to fit comfortably. I could've pulled and made em work a while ago, but i don't like any strain or pullin on my head.

I'm still on my 2nd year of hair growth btw, at the end of oct i'll hit 3 years of hair growth/freeformin

Aight for sure

I'm been neglecting this like I been neglecting a new twist lol

Most of em been long enough to fit in a pony tail except the front two. They're finally long enough to fit comfortably. I could've pulled and made em work a while ago, but i don't like any strain or pullin on my head.
freeforms in a ponytail? :ohyea:

what are your tips? What do u wash and use on your hair?
Looka here.. This what Imma tell ya. It don't matter what shampoo or conditioner you use. You can stick with the old school products your momma and your granny put in yo head. Just make sure your scalp is clean. Locks hold smells. So wash ya hair at least every two weeks, 3 is pushing it. You can use herbal grease, or blue magic on your scalp. It will make your hair grow. Oil works as well. I don't recommend bees wax or none of that Jamaican lime stuff for locks. You do not want to suffocate your scalp or locs. Do not use heavy creams for re-twisting your hair. This is from experience. It stays in there, then maybe a year later it peeks out looking like lint. Use Clarifying Shampoo and conditioner to wash old product buildup out ya hair. Do not re-twist so much. If you plan on keeping your locs for a long time pls do not strain your hair with twisting. I see people who locs are popping off or balding at the roots because of this. Having a manicured look all the time will cause your hair to weaken. These are just a few pointers from my experience and others.

Looka here.. This what Imma tell ya. It don't matter what shampoo or conditioner you use. You can stick with the old school products your momma and your granny put in yo head. Just make sure your scalp is clean. Locks hold smells. So wash ya hair at least every two weeks, 3 is pushing it. You can use herbal grease, or blue magic on your scalp. It will make your hair grow. Oil works as well. I don't recommend bees wax or none of that Jamaican lime stuff for locks. You do not want to suffocate your scalp or locs. Do not use heavy creams for re-twisting your hair. This is from experience. It stays in there, then maybe a year later it peeks out looking like lint. Use Clarifying Shampoo and conditioner to wash old product buildup out ya hair. Do not re-twist so much. If you plan on keeping your locs for a long time pls do not strain your hair with twisting. I see people who locs are popping off or balding at the roots because of this. Having a manicured look all the time will cause your hair to weaken. These are just a few pointers from my experience and others.
not blue magic! lots of artificial ingredients that causes buildup and forces you to clarify more often.

I just remember the old brands we use to put in our hair made it grow and kept it conditioned.

Yea i think i still have a blue magic bottle. I haven't used it in years tho. I just use coconut oil now.

Back