Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Loc Thread

My favorite freeform blogger and where i learned about aloe vera washes when i first started growing my locs a couple years back

Homie got the goat locs

My favorite freeform blogger and where i learned about aloe vera washes when i first started growing my locs a couple years back

Not sure how he started but cut the aloe and shave the is insides. Some people add a little water some don’t. Also remember the most important thing about washing your hair isn’t your hair it is your scalp. I find that people are concerned about the way their hair feels and not how your scalp feels. Aloe is good for both but you should include some scalp maintenance in your routine.

This is My Idren, the person who taught me the about Rastafari and my youth when he was about 6 months old

Attachments

• 8A18195D-4137-4A75-9674-838A3D2AF1B7.jpeg
    8A18195D-4137-4A75-9674-838A3D2AF1B7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
You wash it out? I've heard of people leaving it in...just curious.

I can't stand the smell of fresh aloe tho lol

I only leave it in for about 30 mins - 1hr. It's already hard enough to get the gunks of aloe out your hair when it's fresh, i could imagine after leaving it in for a day.

I only leave it in for about 30 mins - 1hr. It's already hard enough to get the gunks of aloe out your hair when it's fresh, i could imagine after leaving it in for a day.

Word. Last time I did it I scooped out all the gel chunks from the plant then put all of it in some cheesecloth and squeezed all of it out into a bowl. No chunks, just the actual gel afterwards

That is why people add water to it. When I am home or in Trinidad i wash it out with sea water. Now the sand will be in your hair forever but it will exfoliate your scalp.

Sucks that im the only freeformer here, but i'll drop an update pic of my locs soon.

I dont mind the salt water...not sure what the benefits are if im being honest though...

most times if im going swimming I try to go out deep enough into the water so that I dont get sand in my hair... we been seeing a lotta sharks and jellyfish lately and it aint even summer yet so im on some ol.... yeah fuck going for a swim. I aint tryna get bit or stung lmao

I dont mind the salt water...not sure what the benefits are if im being honest though...

most times if im going swimming I try to go out deep enough into the water so that I dont get sand in my hair... we been seeing a lotta sharks and jellyfish lately and it aint even summer yet so im on some ol.... yeah fuck going for a swim. I aint tryna get bit or stung lmao
God gave us everything that man tries to duplicate. The natural salt water is great for removing impurities on your body and your scalp. When you get a cut that is why they tell you to bath in salt water( at home anyway) also when the salt water contracts in the sun it helps your hair loc and stay locked. It is also good for acne and other skin irritations.

Man I love rinsing my hair in the ocean. As Dread said, salt water is good for skin and hair

Soooooo many ppl stopped me last summer saying ‘I didn't know you could get ya hair wet’ and I just laugh. My kids hate it cause they just wanna play but I make sure to give they scalp a good scrub in the ocean also.

My son eczema is always better and his skin is clearer when we come from the beach.

Reminds me I do for a acv rinse. I don’t fuck with aloe

Cant get dreads.

Hair kinda straight. Not white ppl straight but mixed ppl straight/curly

Back