Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Gardening Thread

Fuckin hornworms decimated my pepper plant.
20200803_162055.jpg

Got some new growth coming in tho and I think I killed them all so I may be able to recover lol

Harvested most of the remaining peppers tho. I thought since they were hot the bugs woulda left them shits alone! lol
20200803_162514.jpg

Some starting to turn orange. Almost ready to try to make this hot sauce
20200803_162645.jpg

Some cucamelons coming along.. they're starting to run but no flowers yet

20200803_162125.jpg

Carrots coming up.. one of them went to seed. Ima get thousands of seeds from that one plant
20200803_162152.jpg

Lesson learned. I picked alot of those peppers off way too soon so they were starting to go soft before they went all the way orange/red.

I took alot of the green ones and tossed them in the dehydrator for 12 hours, dried them out completely then turned it into powder.

Put the powder in a jar to use for seasoning at a later date.

The ones that went orange I attempted to make some hot sauce. Came out pretty damn good for my first try.. next time I think I'll add more salt and a liiiitle bit of sugar to cut the heat some.

20200811_205858 (1).jpg

Might hook up some wings this weekend to properly test the hot sauce out lol

Basil update. Still going...View attachment 336448

So when exactly do pick this?

You can pick some of the leaves off now if you wanted to.

as it gets more mature its gonna start putting out flowers. Looks something like this
basil-flowers-picture_csp3168817.jpg

if ur growing the plant for the leaves... when it starts flowering pinch off the flowers/seeds.

I typically break them off so the plant puts more energy into the leaves than the flowers/seeds.

You can use the flowers/seeds for seasoning too

Anyone here have experience with growing pumpkins or even better, pumpkins within containers?

I dont know much about pumpkins... I think they may need space to run or climb a lil bit.

Funny I saw this post yesterday and my neighbor randomly drops off some pumpkin seedlings to me this afternoon. Never grew them before but I'm gonna give it a shot.

As far as growing in a pot I've seen folks grow watermelon in 20 gallon pot or so.. might be doable for pumpkins as well

aight so I planted some mint when I got the peach tree..... mint growing like crazy need some ideas to do with it. Anybody else growing some mint?

aww yea so I bought some fresh jalapeño and saved the seeds and trying to get them to sprout so I can put em in a pot.....

aight so I planted some mint when I got the peach tree..... mint growing like crazy need some ideas to do with it. Anybody else growing some mint?

My pops was growing some mint a lil while back.. not sure what he did with it tho lol.

You try drying/dehydrating some leaves to make some tea?

Dope thread, Im gonna check back through the posts here later... It might be the wrong time of year now summer is coming to an end but Im gonna get a greenhouse and start growing some herbs like peppermint etc and maybe some veg...

Back