Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Documentary Thread

Goldie

Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner
Recommend or speak about a documentary you've recently seen or that you're plan on seeing.

Has anybody seen "I Am Not Your Negro"?

Our-Vinyl-Weighs-A-Ton-1.jpg

This shit. Its on Netflix right now. Documentary about Stones Throw Records, which is a independent music label that started out releasing Classic hip hop albums by The Lootpack, Madlib, Madvillain and J Dilla. After J Dilla passed away, the label kind of separated and everyone went out on their own until the Label's owner, Peanut Butter Wolf, was ready to get back to business. Today the label still has Hip Hop artists like MNDSGN, Knxledge, and NxWorries (Knxledge and Anderson .paak), Homeboy Sandman, and Guilty Simpson, but they also have a ton of Funk, Soul, and rock artists that are all very unique and talented.

This documentary is one of the best docs ive EVER seen. Definitely one of the best hip hop documentaries as well. You get to hear some awesome stuff about the meeting of Madlib and J Dilla. The recording process for Madlib and MF DOOM when making the madvillainy album, and the story of Peanut Butter Wolf. Highly recommend for any fan of hip hop or music in general.

The Cannibal Warlords of Liberia

It's about the Liberian Civil Wars and the aftermath.

It's very well filmed, but I have my questions about the motive behind the documentary. It's very informative nonetheless.

The Cannibal Warlords of Liberia

It's about the Liberian Civil Wars and the aftermath.

It's very well filmed, but I have my questions about the motive behind the documentary. It's very informative nonetheless.

General Butt Naked is fucking crazy lol

my sister recommended Cowspiracy

T-Rex: The Claressa Shields Story

Great documentary about the lifevent and rise of Claressa Shields who won the first Olympic Goal medal for women's boxing. She actually won the gold metal for a second time in Rio as well. I'm rooting for this sister to have a successful professional boxing career. She will make history being the first Female boxer to headline a Showtime card on March 10 this year as well.

Food_inc.jpg

The film's first segment examines the industrial production of meat (chicken, beef, and pork), calling it inhumane and economically and environmentally unsustainable. The second segment looks at the industrial production of grains and vegetables (primarily corn and soy beans), again labeling this economically and environmentally unsustainable. The film's third and final segment is about the economic and legal power, such as food labelling regulations, of the major food companies, the profits of which are based on supplying cheap but contaminated food, the heavy use of petroleum-based chemicals (largely pesticides and fertilizers), and the promotion of unhealthy food consumption habits by the American public.[4][7] It shows companies like Wal-Mart transitioning towards organic foods as that industry is booming in the recent health movement.

BotanyofDesire_full.jpg

The Botany of Desire: A Plant's-Eye View of the World is a 2001 nonfiction book by journalist Michael Pollan. Pollan presents case studies that mirror four types of human desires that are reflected in the way that we selectively grow, breed, and genetically engineer our plants. The tulip, beauty; marijuana, intoxication; the apple, sweetness; and the potato, control.

The stories range from the true story of Johnny Appleseed to Pollan's first-hand research with sophisticated marijuana hybrids in Amsterdam to the paradigm-shifting possibilities of genetically engineered potatoes. Pollan also discusses the limitations of monoculture agriculture: specifically, the adoption in Ireland of a single breed of potato (the Lumper) made the Irish vulnerable to a fungus to which it had no resistance, resulting in the Irish Potato Famine. The Peruvians from whom the Irish had gotten the potato grew hundreds of varieties, so their exposure to any given pest was slight.

^^ Started out as this book, there is a documentary they made as well though that is freaking awesome.

220px-Cooked_Michael_Pollan.jpg

Another one by the same guy as my last 2 posts. This is a documentary series currently on NETFLIX. Each episode focuses on a different element that human beings have used to cook. Air, Water, Earth, Fire. Its freaking amazing and gets really detailed from early humans to today using different cooking methods. The episode on "Earth" was really cool.

bout to see if its on kodi

I might have to wait till the weekend to watch, that shit looks like it's gonna piss me off for the rest of the week.

im at work brah lol

i was watching flash last night so i didnt get to check after i heard it on the pod

answer my question kneegrow

Yea it definitely looks like a high quality doc. It's 6 part series, the first ep dropped yesterday, I'm guessing part 2 drops tonight.

Back