Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

facts they kept praising doctors, IT AND cops , im like yo as far as IT is concerned we home we stressed but we are home for the most part, it does feel like we are helping keep the world together and people don't appreciate it at all.
I seen a story about David ortiz donating lifetime red sox tickets to 4 nurses. I was heated lmao

Like shout out to them of course but gotdamn.

tenor.gif

I got a rant to get off my chest...long post incoming.

As yall know I work at UPS and because of that I'm an essential worker....

I'm really fuckin tired of only hospital staff getting all the praise for working rn. Lol Like...as a ups worker (or anybody at a main shipping company...it's usually fuck FedEx, Amazon and the post office and that's on crip, but shout out to all them rn) we the reason any essential business, hospitals included, is even gettin supplies. And lowkey we're more at risk than hospital workers cuz shipping places dont give us no fuckin PPE...they dgaf about us bruh everything treated like business as usual. We work around hundreds of ppl daily (if you work in a warehouse that is)...there's ~200 ppl on my shift alone...we dealing with half a million packages from all over the world a day...who knows what the hygiene was like of anyone that touched the shit before it got to us.

We're gettin fucked in the ass with how much the flow has increased so social distancing is not a thing in there. We're starting earlier and leaving later...it's like double the holiday flow it feels like...it's bad lol.

Like...we're basically being forced to catch rona cuz the other option is to lose your benefits from not working and obviously now is not the time for that.

Anyway next time yall thank a doctor or a nurse or like a post thanking hospital staff, dont forget to mention us too cuz we hurting all over the country. Yall better hope too many of these shipping centers dont have hella employees that get touched by rona cuz we're all shutting down and then idk what the country will do if/when that happens.

On behalf of my household, I salute you

Cuz lawd knows we done ordered up hella shit the last few weeks. You're absolutely right, without our shipping workforce, we'd be fucked.

Stay safe sis

Back