Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Jonathan Isaac actually sounded logical. Bradley Beal sounded like an idiot with his "I'll ask people who've been vaccinated why they're still catching covid". Anybody who after all this time still diverts to that line of questioning is showing a clear lack of understanding about how vaccines work and the myriad of information around it.
Idk if u missed the context. He acknowledged the vaxx decreases your chances of hospitalization.

Then he stated, due to his antibodies from natural infection, his chances are also decreased for catching it again AND getting hospitalized.

Which is all fact.

Which goes into his reasoning for not feeling the need to take the vaccine.

His take isn't even antivax.

has there been any consensus on comparing the viral load of a person that is re-infected who previous had COVID in comparison to a vaccinated person who has a "breakthrough case"?

I wonder if the numbers are much different and if one is more liable to possibly spread it than the other.

Idk if u missed the context. He acknowledged the vaxx decreases your chances of hospitalization.

Then he stated, due to his antibodies from natural infection, his chances are also decreased for catching it again AND getting hospitalized.

Which is all fact.

Which goes into his reasoning for not feeling the need to take the vaccine.

His take isn't even antivax.

I didn't say his take was anti vax. I said that specific part of his statement that I referred to showed a lack of understanding of how vaccines work. Saying "I would question those who are vaccinated how are you still catching covid" shows a basic misunderstanding.

Please provide evidence that Germany and the Netherlands official position is you shouldn't get vaxxed if you have had covid

When consensus among virologists is that you don't need the vaccine if you have immunity, I will start to say toy don't need to vaccine if you have immunity.

"blah blah you don't question the media blah blah"
Missing the point here. Whether or not their official position is get vaxxed anyway, they aren't taking any of your freedoms for not doing so.

I didn't say his take was anti vax. I said that specific part of his statement that I referred to showed a lack of understanding of how vaccines work. Saying "I would question those who are vaccinated how are you still catching covid" shows a basic misunderstanding.
That last sentence was just speaking generally not toward u specifically.

His question about still catching Covid is a tie in to why he doesn't need to be vaxxed if his immunity gives him similar efficacy/protection

Hes no more a danger to others or himself than those vaxxed.

Sounds like he understands well.

That last sentence was just speaking generally not toward u specifically.

His question about still catching Covid is a tie in to why he doesn't need to be vaxxed if his immunity gives him similar efficacy/protection

Hes no more a danger to others or himself than those vaxxed.

Sounds like he understands well.

The question still isn't a smart one if he's trying to show he understands how it works because the vaccine doesn't and was never said by scientists to prevent you from catching covid. So based on that even mentioning that in any form of defense of why he chooses not to be vaccinated takes away from his point.

The question still isn't a smart one if he's trying to show he understands how it works because the vaccine doesn't and was never said by scientists to prevent you from catching covid. So based on that even mentioning that in any form of defense of why he chooses not to be vaccinated takes away from his point.
I don't think his intention with that question is what u think it is and I only say that based on the context and his actual explanation for asking.

But I'm not in that mans mind so 🤷

has there been any consensus on comparing the viral load of a person that is re-infected who previous had COVID in comparison to a vaccinated person who has a "breakthrough case"?

I wonder if the numbers are much different and if one is more liable to possibly spread it than the other.
I could be wrong but I don't think theres enough data on vaxxed folks (CDC stopped tracking breakthrough cases thoroughly)

And they're not giving much data on reinfection either.

Maybe another country has some info

Few things I don’t like about this.
1 he’s a slave to caring for his expensive lifestyle and family
2 that alone puts many people in a place they can’t say no.

Yes and no.

He could easily choose to walk away from all that money if he truly believes he's better off not getting vaccinated.

Thing is, vaccine or not.............not many people would be willing to walk away from that kind of money.

Even people with regular 9-5's aren't willing to lose their checks.

So I'm not surprised that someone who's making millions would do any different.

I get what you're saying though.

Which is, how strong can someone's beliefs really be if they're willing to go against them for the right price.

Yes and no.

He could easily choose to walk away from all that money if he truly believes he's better off not getting vaccinated.

Thing is, vaccine or not.............not many people would be willing to walk away from that kind of money.

Even people with regular 9-5's aren't willing to lose their checks.

So I'm not surprised that someone who's making millions would do any different.

I get what you're saying though.

Which is, how strong can someone's beliefs really be if they're willing to go against them for the right price.
Nah , that’s not quite what I mean.

I think when people “make it” they begin to take care of others. Even without COVID being present, a lot of these athletes are trapped with the burden of taking care of family. And that’s why they go broke so fast.

now add on COVID and some can’t say no. They not all Lebrun status.
They need that check or the family suffers

this is for another thread tho

This is a good article whatever side u on.

Side note it's funny how CDC picking and choosing which studies to cite on this matter, and they mightve picked the least extensive study to date.

Back