Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

I don’t think I’ve been in this thread since March when I got laid off. Well I got my job back pretty quickly. Been going into work almost the whole time. NYC just entered phase 2 so we can get food and drinks at outdoor seating. to go drinks has been the way for the past month, Brooklyn is basically Bourbon Street now and we ain’t going back to the old laws lol.

Cuomo said he might impose a 14 day quarantine for travelers from high-risk states like Florida, how the tables have turned. i’m pretty anxious to see if we get a spike following initial opening and massive protests but so far covid numbers still moving in the right direction.

I do sales for a coffee roaster meaning my job is calling and visiting café and restaurant owners and staff all over the city, its a crazy and sometimes depressing time to be doing that right now. Hopefully we’re all digging our way out of this right now but definitely a lot of closures already. Some good black owned joints never coming back. Landlords demanding full rent from businesses that have been doing somewhere between 0 and 30% of their usual biz for 3 months. Our company has our own cafe and we tried to renegotiate rent. Our landlord is a wanna be gangster tough guy and told the owner he’d cut him a break if he’s on a ventilator. “Fuck you pay me” basically. Super busy coffee shop been there for 10 years but we’re about to pack the shit and leave that location because there’s no way we can pay the insanely high rent we used to right now. The numbers just don't work.

Back