Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

From what I've read and seen reported isopropyl alcohol kills the virus in 30 seconds. I keep a spray bottle full.

Security guard is a black man too, and it happened in Flint
our lives is really worthless out here....like i cant even try to keep you healthy or i could lose my life?

i really need to hurry up and buy that mountain to get away from people.

The government has announced the gradual lifting of some lockdown measures from May 11, including the re-opening of primary schools.
Many shops will also reopen and remote-working staff will be able to return to offices as France battles the economic impact of the coronavirus that has already pushed the country into recession.

Slow roll out like the rest of our country.

CA is going to be doing the same thing. LA schools now have a reopen date of Aug 18th. The rest of the districts will follow their steps, they pretty much always wait for LA to make a move. They were announcing today that many businesses will start opening; fastfood, coffee shops, stores, churches etc maintaining covid instructions

Crazy to think we are almost 2 months in...

BUSINESS NEWS
MAY 4, 2020 / 12:46 PM / UPDATED 19 MINUTES AGO
U.S. Treasury expects to borrow record $3 trillion in second quarter

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury Department on Monday said it plans to borrow nearly $3 trillion in the second quarter of 2020 - a record for any quarter - as the federal government contends with the impact of the coronavirus.

In a statement, Treasury said it would borrow $2.999 trillion during the April-June quarter, $3.055 trillion more than its previous estimate, assuming an end-June cash balance of $800 billion.

“It is larger than what we would typically do in a year,” a senior Treasury official said. The Treasury’s net borrowing last fiscal year, for example, was $1.28 trillion.

In February, Treasury said it expected to pay down $56 billion in net marketable debt in the April-June period.

Treasury said it expects to borrow $677 billion during the July-September quarter, assuming an end-September cash balance of $800 billion.

It borrowed $477 billion through credit markets in the January-March quarter, ending the period with $515 billion in cash.

Additional details of Treasury’s quarterly refunding will be announced at 08:30 a.m (1230 GMT) on Wednesday. In February, Treasury said it would announce details of a planned new 20-year bond in May.

I think there needs to be a balance. Start getting back to work with all of the safety precautions we can. The most vulnerable follow stay at home orders and basically get a form of disability pay.

If we had a smart government that could put out nationwide safety guidelines for each industry that made sense, I think people would get behind it.

Unfortunately, we have idiots running the country and the other side of the aisle is cool letting the shit burn because it helps them politically come November. Or they are stifled because the right wing doesn’t want to give them a “win”.

Back