Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Thanks, my oldest brother is doing good he 40 years old, he lost about 15 pounds and his scent of smell and taste but that's slowly coming back. His wife's Father is doing good as well he is 70 years old he is in the hospital and improving.

I spoke to my Dad on March 31st and could tell he had shortness of breath when speaking on the phone ,a couple of days later he was rushed to the hospital and tested for the Coronavirus and his test came back positive.

My Dad has been in the hospital since April 2nd, he is 68 years old with Sarcoidosis it is a rare disease that creates inflammatory cells on the lungs that can create shortness of breath and lead to COPD and on top of him fighting COVID-19 at the same time. His breathing was dropping so they put him on a Ventilator and in the ICU since April 6th they was giving medication as well to keep his blood pressure up cause it was low .

Around April 8th things started to get stable and his breathing improving he is breathing more on his own ,they lower the blood pressure medication . Each day went by his breathing improving he was in deep sedation and they started slowly taking him off of sedation he was hallucinating talking about his marriage (mom passed away 2007 from Fibroids) so that's one of side effects of being in deep sedation.

April 22nd my oldest brother facetime with Dad and on April 23rd he was moved out of the ICU he is off the ventilator and slowly recovering and is going to start physical therapy to relearn how to walk and eat solid food to regain his physical strength .

That's great to read your folks are doing well and your father is getting better!

Times like these it's always good to have folks to vent to. I'm sure you have tons of friends and of course your family but if you ever need to vent or chat about frivolous B.S. to get your mind off the stressful stuff I don't mind (as I'm sure many others on here also) chatting on here with you. Especially (the upcoming draft) if you're an NBA fan. Lol.

Be strong, informed and most importantly positive during these tough times

That's great to read your folks are doing well and your father is getting better!

Times like these it's always good to have folks to vent to. I'm sure you have tons of friends and of course your family but if you ever need to vent or chat about frivolous B.S. to get your mind off the stressful stuff I don't mind (as I'm sure many others on here also) chatting on here with you. Especially (the upcoming draft) if you're an NBA fan. Lol.

Be strong, informed and most importantly positive during these tough times
Definitely these VERZUZ series and ESPN The Last Dance Documentary has been putting me in a good mood lately and I've been holding up as best as I can. Talking to everybody here has been a good way to get my mind off of the craziness in this world.

Definitely these VERZUZ series and ESPN The Last Dance Documentary has been putting me in a good mood lately and I've been holding up as best as I can. Talking to everybody here has been a good way to get my mind off of the craziness in this world.

This place and the IC helped me a couple of times keep my mind from going into dark places when I had serious situations going on in my life. Sometimes it's good to get other people's opinions on things or have a positive distraction.

The documentary and battles have been great positive distractions for alot of people, including myself

Looks like most states are opening at the top of next month, yall going back outside when they reopen? :yikes1:

Looks like most states are opening at the top of next month, yall going back outside when they reopen? :yikes1:
I live in Rochester, Cuomo pushed it to May 15th last i heard, and I work for an essential business so it’s work then home indefinitely. Let the anxious white folks get they ass out there lol I’ll watch from the confinements of my room

Last edited:
Back