Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

Just said obesity just going by the friends I’ve lost on my Facebook page to COVID.

In my grandfather’s death certificate it said COVID-19 and Hypertension. I also found out that the nursing and rehabilitation center he was at, was not testing them and 53 or 58 people have died from there already.

Even in the worst of times, we stood divided. That will be America's epitaph. This virus is going to ravage us simply because ignorance and greed runs rampant in our society.

PS: Fuck this place.
Something I keep making a point about and it seems to fall on deaf ears and the hope that we can all rise above it is strong in many

Just said obesity just going by the friends I’ve lost on my Facebook page to COVID.

In my grandfather’s death certificate it said COVID-19 and Hypertension. I also found out that the nursing and rehabilitation center he was at, was not testing them and 53 or 58 people have died from there already.

i just lost all this shit like a week before this got serious

i just lost all this shit like a week before this got serious
Uncle passed Fri... he was supposed to be at dialysis, and didn't go Thurs. His daughter came that day, two ppl died mysteriously in her building, and the possibility of covid-19 infection from her to him is heavy on our minds... just never heard of it moving that fast if that's the cause

New York Finds Virus Marker in 13.9%, Suggesting Wide Spread
By Drew Armstrong and Angelica LaVito

April 23, 2020, 12:38 PM EDT

Testing suggests state’s infections far outpace official count

Results also indicate Covid-19 fatality rate is likely lower

A New York state study seeking to find out how many people have been infected by the new coronavirus found that 13.9% of those tested across the state had signs of the virus, in one of the biggest U.S. reviews to date.

In New York City, the hardest-hit area in the U.S., 21.2% of people tested positive for a blood marker showing that they had been infected at some point. Statewide, 2.7 million people may have had Covid-19, Governor Andrew Cuomo said. That’s about 10 times more than the official count based on the state’s testing of mostly very sick patients.

There are broad ramifications of the study, which will need to be analyzed further by experts to give a clearer picture of the infection’s prevalence. But it appears to confirm predictions that the virus has infected far more people than New York has been able to diagnose so far.

It also means that the fatality rate of the virus is likely lower than the figure that’s based only on confirmed cases and deaths. Officially, New York has reported 15,500 deaths. If 2.7 million people have been infected, that would put the fatality rate at around 0.6%.

The current death count doesn’t include some people may have died at home and not been diagnosed, and may also miss people who died earlier on in the outbreak before diagnostic testing became widespread.

The survey used blood tests that look for antibodies, which are markers in the blood created by the immune system after a person has been exposed. They can show whether a person was previously exposed to the virus, even after they have recovered from the illness. Antibody tests may also help find people who were infected but showed few or no symptoms.

Diagnostic tests, such as the nasal swabs used on people who show up sick at the hospital, check for the virus itself. They can’t find out whether people were previously infected and recovered, however.

According to the survey, New York City had the highest rate of positive tests, followed by Westchester and Rockland counties with 11.7% positive and, Long Island with 16.7% positive, and the rest of the state with 3.6% positive.

About 3,000 samples were collected from 19 counties, from people shopping at grocery and big box stores, Cuomo said at a briefing outlining the results. They may not be perfectly representative of the illness, he said, because of who was sampled.

“This basically quantifies what we have been seeing anecdotally,” Cuomo said.

The US economy has wiped out all the job gains since the Great Recession

PUBLISHED THU, APR 23 20208:34 AM EDTUPDATED MOMENTS AGO

KEY POINTS

The Labor Department reported that the number of Americans applying for state unemployment benefits totaled 4.427 million last week.

Combined with the prior four jobless claims reports, the number of Americans who have filed for unemployment over the last five weeks is 26.45 million.

That number far exceeds the 22.442 million jobs added to payrolls since November 2009, when the U.S. economy began to add jobs back after the recession.

106502564-1587645171989202004023uiclaimsvsgrjoblosses.png

Combined with the four prior jobless claims reports, the number of Americans who have filed for unemployment over the previous five weeks is 26.45 million. That number exceeds the 22.442 million positions added to nonfarm payrolls since November 2009, when the U.S. economy began to add jobs back to the economy after the Great Recession.

106502557-158764527120520200423_ui_claims_week_ending_april_18.png

Investors won’t receive the official look at the U.S. unemployment rate for the month of April until May 8. But the Labor Department’s latest nonfarm payrolls report for March showed droves of layoffs at restaurants and bars, which have been closed by stay-at-home directives.

personal corona virus timeline

late January i went upstate to my brothers Mother in law funeral, who was had a heart attack and was in a coma for years woke up in semi veggie state a few years ago, i think she got to the point of being able to slightly communicate. She was in nursing home all of sudden fell back into a coma and died.(artile just came out saying you can catch it from dead bodies)

Mid February-both me and my wife suffered from severe stomachs viruses, come to find out she was going through a miscarriage, i just thought it was a crazy stomach ache from hell for me, i just know smoked a lot of weed those 2 weeks to fight the pain and to eat. i just remember towards the end of it me and my boy had a huge cyph and a few shots of patron and i was completely done with the virus the next day.

On march 11( my bday) Rudy Gobert shutdwon the nba because he was being a dick

Next week grandma goes in for a minor procedure for her heart something goes wrong shes forced into a medically induced coma she passes away 2 weeks later

niggas been had this shit im convinced

Back