Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official COVID-19/Coronavirus Discussion Thread...aka I hope I don't get the Rona

niggas doing IG live parties 10 niggas in the room

Management literally just shut down a get-together in the building across from here. I was kinda upset 'cause the broads up in there was coming out lounging on the balcony in booty shorts and barely there tube tops and lil ass sports bras. Shit was a cool ass view from here.

this is a defeatist way of looking at things.

there are things that almost doubled in price within the last week.
and its plenty of information and people here to help.

changing the way you look at how it will help you ...can help you.

right now the $100 could be five in months.
but if you not patient or understand saving and investing.....then you will not see it as worth it.

and being poor financially dont mean you are poor mentally.
I really hate the word poor. at the end of the day its relative.
No, thats a realistic way of looking at things. I honestly dont know how you read what I wrote and came up with me be mentally defeated.

In fact your reply sounds like a script a broker would use on people to try and get an "investment" so they can collect their fee.

Fam not saying you right or wrong, but getting your money to work for you is a process that takes time and patience. Worrying bout a quick few hundred bucks and year 2 aint it. The idea is to invest intelligently for 15-20 years and then if done right you could be making 60k a year of interest without ever touching your money and stop working.

You might say 15 years is a long time to wait. I would agree. My biggest problem personally was always patience and not being patient enough. The fact is though these 15 years gonna pass at the same pace regardless. So its better to invest a $100 a month and slowly increase it and have 6 figures at the end of the 15 years.
I 100% understand what investing is and believe it or not I'm a very patient person, but my point wasnt about the wait. I think BlackRain conveyed what I was trying to say better in his post.

Or more about having the ability to take advantage of the potential, which not everyone is in a position to do. You got folks out here being laid off, not knowing when or where they'll be on a stable income again. So it shouldn't be a shock that alot of folks are turned off by the "invest now" crowd because it does read pretty tone deaf at the moment. Folks out here trying to figure out when they're going to be able to get a job interview don't want to hear shit about investing because they ain't got shit to invest.
In a nut shell this is what I was trying to say, ty.

I was under the impression the money you invest (like in stocks) is pretty much disposable income. Shit you can afford to lose or have tied up for months or possibly years, because investing is pretty much gambling. If you only have $100 to invest, I just dont really see the point for 2 reasons. Even if you get a good return, its still only on $100. Which is nothing if it took you months or years to get that.
And my main reason. If you can only spare $100, odds are not in your favor that you wont really need that $100 sometime soon for an unexpected expense. Just isnt really a responsible thing to do when you arnt a healthy financial state.

Also this quote because it applies to this.

"Poor people don't have time for investments. They're too busy trying not to be poor."

Whats Trumps issue with GM again? I know they said they'd made like 30k ventilators for a billion dollars. Does he think its too much or hes mad it would take weeks for them to even start making them?

Back