Welcome To aBlackWeb

The official ATP/WTA thread

Wimbledon won't admit it but all the players know they want a Nadal Federer final next year with Federer winning has symbolism

Last edited:
Coco Gauff says she struggled to deal with the hype and mental pressure brought on by her rapid rise in the tennis world and she had to rediscover her love for the game after becoming depressed.....

What could be done to compact this... Wimbledon having her on center court over Novak may be the wildest thing that has happened in sport recently

Coco Gauff says she struggled to deal with the hype and mental pressure brought on by her rapid rise in the tennis world and she had to rediscover her love for the game after becoming depressed.....

What could be done to compact this... Wimbledon having her on center court over Novak may be the wildest thing that has happened in sport recently
Based on the article, this all happened before she blew up for real. Article says ...

"Right before Wimbledon, going back to around 2017/18, I was struggling to figure out if this was really what I wanted. I always had the results so that wasn’t the issue, I just found myself not enjoying what I loved. I realized I needed to start playing for myself and not other people. For about a year I was really depressed."

Gauff wrote she felt friendless and thought dropping tennis temporarily would help. She specifically recalled waking up one day and not wanting to practice.

Seems like she just wanted to be a regular kid back then and has figured things out now, fingers crossed.

Seems like she just wanted to be a regular kid back then and has figured things out now, fingers crossed.

"Everyone asks me how I stay calm on court and I think it’s because I accepted who I am after overcoming low points in my life," Gauff wrote. "Now, when I’m on court, I am just really thankful to be out there."

"Everyone asks me how I stay calm on court and I think it’s because I accepted who I am after overcoming low points in my life," Gauff wrote. "Now, when I’m on court, I am just really thankful to be out there."
It's definitely a personality thing I think Andreescu lives for that limelight pressure she would really really struggle if she lost the attention.

Back