Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official Afrobeats Thread

Thank you for this thread

WORD. I didn't know about this until you posted the link in the "Spreadie" Gibbs & Benny the Butcher Beef thread. Ridiculous how this is only 3 fuckin' PAGES.
I actually wasn't sure. What differentiate the two genres?
Besides what @unSCENE has said, Amapiano started in South Afrika, along with Gqom. Afrobeat is strictly West Afrikan, born & raised in Nigeria.

I'll be honest, alot of the modern Afrobeat is obnoxious to me mainly due to the Auto-Tune, but some of these new Artists are blazing the Music scene. One particular Label has been changing the Game. After reading the Article, I have alot of respect for Mavin Records:

We should give Thanks and Praise for their contribution.

Skepta and Wizkid have collabed on quite a few projects.

This is a favorite:

Perfect Summertime Jam.

This track is more Amapiano. Major League DJz collabing with TY Dolla $ign for a smooth-ass Club Banger. Definitely another Summer Jam.

WORD. I didn't know about this until you posted the link in the "Spreadie" Gibbs & Benny the Butcher Beef thread. Ridiculous how this is only 3 fuckin' PAGES.

Besides what @unSCENE has said, Amapiano started in South Afrika, along with Gqom. Afrobeat is strictly West Afrikan, born & raised in Nigeria.

I'll be honest, alot of the modern Afrobeat is obnoxious to me mainly due to the Auto-Tune, but some of these new Artists are blazing the Music scene. One particular Label has been changing the Game. After reading the Article, I have alot of respect for Mavin Records:

We should give Thanks and Praise for their contribution.

Cool, on a song to song basis I can kinda tell the difference now. I can't say I prefer one over the other though. It really depends on the song.

Major respect. Juls has actually been my favorite artist/producer in any genre since like early pandemic 2020. He produced my favorite song on Stormzy’s last album that the vid just dropped for.

Likewise. "WATA" was the 1st jawnt I heard from him, and I was hooked. Never thought you could make a 3-4 min Afrobeat tune that sounds like his stuff, those tracks usually last about 10+ mins.

Back