Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2022/2023 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the first part of your question.

I don't think most arsenal fans are angry at Chelsea for buying the player. I think most are happy the club didn't drop €100m.
Yh some of my arsenal heads are happy and some Chelsea heads are unhappy.

Most of Chelsea's arrivals have 6-9yr contracts and on relatively low wages. Murdyk ,for example, is 88m/8.5yrs. That's under 11m per year and he's only on 100k.

This shows Boelhy is willing take advantage of a practice is rarely utilised in the sport. Also shows his faith in the scouting and coaching department that they won't turn into liabilites, so get used to Potter.

It's also another example of Kroenke's reluctance to spend. Top of the league, now is the time to go for the jugular. 88m for a guy on 100k is peanuts to a club of arsenaL's stature. Having said that, the window isn't closed yet.

He has no idea what to do with Nice but mans is spending money though.

It’s not like he or his company don’t make money. INEOS make around £65b annually, and Sir Jim is worth £21b. And this is concerning to me, he/they can afford to make Nice be major competitor to PSG but have chosen not to. I understand that the plan may have always been to use it as a feeder club for a bigger club.

They saying Lewis Hamilton is involved, I know he’s been looking to invest in football and since INEOS own a large stake in Mercedes F1 team it’s not surprising.

It’s the beginning of what will be a crazy couple of months but I feel there will be other offers.

I personally am hoping for Dubai to come in

Last edited:
Chelsea giving out long contracts might be genius. It extends the players worth, and allows them to get around FFP.

If they wanna sell him in 3-4 years he still has a long contract that has to be taken into consideration. He could be a great player and sell for nearly double the price. Or you keep him for the contract.

It’s more of a risk if the player flops tho..

Yh some of my arsenal heads are happy and some Chelsea heads are unhappy.

Most of Chelsea's arrivals have 6-9yr contracts and on relatively low wages. Murdyk ,for example, is 88m/8.5yrs. That's under 11m per year and he's only on 100k.

This shows Boelhy is willing take advantage of a practice is rarely utilised in the sport. Also shows his faith in the scouting and coaching department that they won't turn into liabilites, so get used to Potter.

It's also another example of Kroenke's reluctance to spend. Top of the league, now is the time to go for the jugular. 88m for a guy on 100k is peanuts to a club of arsenaL's stature. Having said that, the window isn't closed yet.

Arsenal was willing to spend what Chelsea spent. The issue wasn't the funds, it's when they would get those funds. You're saying 100k and I heard it was 200k.

And if all of what you said is true, why would Chelsea fans be upset with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back