Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2022/2023 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Told yall this guy Tebas is a dickhead but some of yall get off on him going at Barça. He'd rather go at Vinicius than at the racists

One of the most damning things I take from all this is how Vini’s teammates don’t give a damn. Where are his captains, Benzema, Modric and whoever else?

No matter the outcome of the WSL, considering United never had a woman’s team four years ago, it’s been a good season for the ladies. CL confirmed and still in with a chance to take the title.

Well done to the ladies team.

One of the most damning things I take from all this is how Vini’s teammates don’t give a damn. Where are his captains, Benzema, Modric and whoever else?

To be fair I’ve see his teammates backing him on social media.

Lucas, Thibaut and Toni Rudiger were all there and had his back. The others like you said...
I think Benzema was in the mix initially talking to the ref but yeah it wasn't great.

Told yall this guy Tebas is a dickhead but some of yall get off on him going at Barça. He'd rather go at Vinicius than at the racists

My issue is WHERE IS FLORENTINO?

If he doesn't say anything about this it is damning. Florentino at this point is one of the most powerful people in football globally. If he can't(or won't) threaten Tebas and La Liga to take action or he withdraws his team from the field next time something like this happens(and if Tebas docks them points then he sues La Liga in CAS) then what hope does a player at a lesser side like say Osasuna or Mallorca or Getafe have? What hope can they have that their team owner will stand up for them against Tebas and a change will come if the great Real Madrid can't force change within the way La Liga treat such incidents and teams that allow such incidents from fans? None. No hope.

I hope Florentino stands up for Vini and his black players. I doubt it but i hope so.

If you're a player getting racially abused at arguably the biggest club in Spain and world football, but you can't influence the league or authorities to do something about, then that's a damming indictment of the club itself not really giving a fuck.

Also what happens in the future when players like a Bellingham, Mbappe, Alphonso Davies, Trent Alexander-Arnold etc, decides "you know what this la liga ain't for me given how they condone racism with impunity"...perhaps only then does a president of Real Madrid or La Liga say, we need to act or be seen to act because all the best Black/non-white players aren't in our league and superleague is a bust, so no TV and commercial revenue is coming our way.

Some may actually of course prefer "their league" to not include others.

Vini's contract expires in 2024 if I'm not mistaken. Should come Prem but only Man United or Man City makes sense.
Newcastle maybe...
Liverpool ain't got the moolah

I honestly don't see anything changing. It would take something extreme for La Liga and the fans to change. Even then, they would take the blame away from themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back