Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2022/2023 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My squad for England Qatar 2022

GK: Pickford, Pope, Ramsdale

DF: Trippier, Shaw, coady, stones, maguire, Walker, White, Alexander-Arnold, Tomori, Justin

MF: rice, bellingham, Henderson, Mount, foden, Grealish, saka, Maddison

FW: Kane, sterling, Rashford, abraham, wilson

Having 1 LB in Shaw doesn't make sense and I don't wanna hear about Trippier playing there because it's not the same and therefore no competition to Shaw. Shaw's shit but clearly plays his best football when pushed; this season it was malacia that helped put the battery in his back. Justin at Leicester is the best of an inferior bunch (sessengnon, tyrick Mitchell, Cresswell, burns)

Maguire goes for experience, he was there 2018 and 2020 plus you can't deny his England form is not same as club.

Tomori probably gets 0 mins but I can't justify having dier in over him without calling out English media bias towards those in Prem. But you could make an argument for dier If it is to also cover cdm as I wouldn't take phillips; the mans only played 14mins Prem this season so I don't care if he makes fitness in time, he wouldn't be sharp. Either way no dier or Phillips for me as I believe England's best chance is to go out and attack anyways... None of that Conte shit

TRENT has to go cause if Southgate is playing 3 at the back with rice sitting, then surely you have enough cover to make up for trent's defensive déficiences. Even as a sub, he can ping balls, crosses, corners, freekicks etc. If Trippier gets injured (as I expect him to be first choice rb/rwb), then who's running the set-pieces? Something England used effectively in 2018 to get to the semis. Southgate would have to take Ward-prowse if Trent ain't on the plane for that factor alone.

Maddison goes no question in my mind. He's what everyone hyped up Grealish to be for 2020; the maverick player, x factor, gazza-esque... All Grealish can do is win freekicks and pass like obi mikel... Backwards

FW was hard... Toney ain't making it as he didn't get any game time in last squad Southgate picked, plus this whole betting ting coming out now.. Reeks of an agenda. Given what was going on in the background with Greenwood before shit blew up to what is happening now with him, I can see Southgate not having anyone with inclination of controversy looming over them.
Tammy poor this season but been in past squads, Rashford might actually push sterling out of starting XI based on form; Wilson is based on fitness as he deserves his call-up

Official squad announced

Différences from mine
I picked Tomori Justin Abraham
Southgate went Dier Phillips Gallagher

I don't see how Phillips makes it will virtually no football played.
Last time a player got selected like that (that I can recall) was Jack Wilshere for euro 2016 by Southgate predecessor Hodgson; basically Wilshere was out the whole 2015/16 season then played in the last two games of the league a grand total of 141 minutes.
Phillips has played 54mins this season, 40mins league Cup, 13mins champions league, 1min Prem... 🙄🤦‍♂️

No Tomori, no Dunk and no Burn but Coady and Dier make it smh

Gallagher and Philips (who has hardly kicked a ball) are in???

No Toney who is miles ahead of Wilson smh

And only ONE left back???

I would probably take Sancho too...

Has to do the Hudson odoi and refuse a England call up for about 3 4 years

Ghana... [he] must go!

thumbnail.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back