Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2022/2023 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralf Rangnick recommended Joško Gvardiol and Konrad Laimer to the Manchester United board before he left the club in the first week of manager Erik ten Hag's reign.

Former Red Bull sporting director Rangnick took over a United interim manager in December with a two-year consultancy role tagged on but departed following Ten Hag's arrival.

Rangnick regarded RB Leipzig and Croatia defender Gvardiol, 20, as a "must-buy" while Leipzig midfielder Laimer, 25, is generating interest from Bayern Munich.

Rangnick advised United to scout Leipzig striker Christopher Nkunku, 24, but the France international signed a new contract with the Bundesliga side earlier in the summer.

Although United's chances of signing Erling Haaland were always remote, Rangnick urged them to try and negotiate a deal due to the Norwegian striker's release clause that became active this year.

Man fuck this Rangnick guy. During the jan window, he explicitly stated that signing new players wasn't feasible and also wasn't thinking about future signings as he had to worry about the current squad and his ongoing evaluation of it. This was despite 5 outgoings in that month.

He only became vocal and scathing of the squad and upper-management once it became clear to him that he wouldn't be the full time manager in the subsequent season.

Just another puppet, spoke the same Ole did, and ten hag currently is.

"Harry Maguire has had a successful career"
"This squad is full of good players"

You can tell alot about a person and also what they think of you by what they say and what they try to get you to believe.

Lol. I really thought this was Xavi.

Had me thinking there must have be rise of obesity in Catalonia and/or this guy has a tik tok account.

Perhaps I'm missing something but I don't get why Barca won't just push this FdJ deal through ASAP.
This is why I've been adamant it's really FdJ holding things up cause he don't really want to go to Old Trafford (or simply leave Barca period), and the deferred wages is a lesser factor.

Otherwise I refuse to believe Man United wouldn't put up the extra £17m to make FdJ whole and Barca won't do the deal given that there's £72m on the table to miss out on.

Everything I said about this transfer (before mainstream media) was true, even Laporta subtly creating a smear campaign against him so that when de Jong leaves he can blame it on the player being greedy and now look….

Didn’t count on Chelsea because really they don’t need him but he’s going Chelsea. Chelsea will pay all the deferred wages where as Utd only offered a %.

Congrats @toheeb27 you got your boy..

Everything I said about this transfer (before mainstream media) was true, even Laporta subtly creating a smear campaign against him so that when de Jong leaves he can blame it on the player being greedy and now look….

Didn’t count on Chelsea because really they don’t need him but he’s going Chelsea. Chelsea will pay all the deferred wages where as Utd only offered a %.

Is it a smear campaign against Pique, Busquets and ter Stegen, too?

I've got new found respect for Barca. End of the day, these players agreed to those terms. They clearly thought they'd be valued so highly throughout the duration of their contracts that they'd be deemed indepensible.

I thought all that "pride in defeat" was the beginning of accepting failure. Turns out it was temporary and Laporta's way of trying to prevent their fans from having a culture shock. This summer has shown that upper manangement are clearly trying all they can to make them are viable challenger on all fronts. The fans also aren't willing to accept and applaud any employees (whether true or false) that are a stumbling block to that goal.

Meanwhile, you've United fans still giving glazers money and saying "back the manager" everytime a new puppet comes along, giving chants to Elanga, even Martinez got one before his first competitve start.

@Infamous114, you won't be hearing me talk shit about them anytime soon.

Shit look at how Chelsea and Boelhy moving, Rudi out - Koulibaly in, Sterling in - Werner out and back to sender after 2 seasons.

United still got shaw (9yrs), about 3-4 seasons now starting Maguire, McTom, Fred and Rashford. At United played don't need to sign contracts with those terms, just get the mythical top 4 trophy every other year and its in essence a lifetime contract.

Only relegation will bring change.

@Big_Ev must be nice when a player genuinely wants to be at your club!

You've got to have a tad more optimism this season from last ...10-12th gotta be the goal, just don't think Lamps sees it through though

I will be a little bit more happy when we bring in a striker. I think that depending on how we are at the World Cup break, I can see Lampard staying the whole season.

He was released at the end of last season. Last I heard was that he was going to Turkey.

Hilarious if he ends up in Turkey.
That's one of the leagues/countries that may not care of having a potential rapist on their hands.

I actually suggested Turkish league for Mason Greenwood come what may on his situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back