Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2021/2022 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

For what purpose?
The whole driver for the 5 subs was based on Covid cases and there wasn't at least 14 Premier league clubs to sign off on that based on the premise that it was prejudice to "smaller" clubs that didn't have the squad depth.

Now Covid has effectively subsided....
Ahhh just mid-thought I now wonder if it's because of the world cup in Nov/Dec and they're concerned of burnout, that's the only thing that makes sense.

If so, no turning back for subsequent seasons then 🤷‍♂️

For what purpose?
The whole driver for the 5 subs was based on Covid cases and there wasn't at least 14 Premier league clubs to sign off on that based on the premise that it was prejudice to "smaller" clubs that didn't have the squad depth.

Ahhh just mid-thought I now wonder if it's because of the world cup in Nov/Dec and they're concerned of burnout, that's the only thing that makes sense.

Yeah it makes sense with the high number of games and it feels like players are getting injured left and right more and more

For what purpose?

To fall in line with the rest of Europe.

For what purpose?

If you play FM u should appreciate this

To fall in line with the rest of Europe.

You maybe onto something based on the below statement.
I disagree on the it provides no competitive advantage point (for now and within the Premier league as a vacuum), in the same way not having 5 subs is clearly a disadvantage for a Premier League club against one of the major European teams.

I've always been an advocate that the Premier league should support the bigger clubs that compete in European competitions to have the best chance of success, so if this helps so be it.

Maheta Molango, chair of the PFA, believes the increase - which he supports - provides no competitive advantage to the bigger clubs.

'We are absolutely in favour of it,' he said earlier this month. 'We have made this clear to the Premier League. It should never have been a discussion about competitive advantage because it has nothing to do with competitive advantage - as studies show. This is purely a question of player welfare.

'When so many games need to be played we need to make sure the players get a chance to rest properly.'

Molango, who also wants the introduction of a minimum 72-hour gap between matches, feels the current set-up is giving those abroad an advantage.

'We don't want to put our clubs at a disadvantage globally,' he said. 'Our competitors overseas have five subs. We are the only top league that has not adopted that rule. When our clubs face giants in Italy, in Spain, in France, the reality is that those clubs would have had the chance to rotate much more.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back