Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/21 NBA Thread

Somebody explain nbatopshot to me cause I’m so confused

Think about it as new age trading cards.

They take a highlight, use blockchain technology to make 500 unique instances of it and sell it. Since there are only 500 of said topshot highlight, it becomes worth something.

Yea you can watch the same highlight on youtube. But its not about the highlight. Its about the fact that you own something that is limited and has value. The value is given to it by the people.

Not something I would ever do, but im also not a collector. I do see the value behind it though.

Somebody explain nbatopshot to me cause I’m so confused

Basically video clips version of trading cards.

Most packs have more common clips, special clips more rare.

So for instance, Anthony Edwards dunk over Yuta may have only 100 top shots made. Whereas a random Kendrick Nunn layup could have 10,000 top shots made. So the AE top shot is a bigger collectible.

Some mid highlights are selling for a lot too tho.

Bigger players/plays more rare so more value.

Think about it as new age trading cards.

They take a highlight, use blockchain technology to make 500 unique instances of it and sell it. Since there are only 500 of said topshot highlight, it becomes worth something.

Yea you can watch the same highlight on youtube. But its not about the highlight. Its about the fact that you own something that is limited and has value. The value is given to it by the people.

Not something I would ever do, but im also not a collector. I do see the value behind it though.
Basically video clips version of trading cards.

Most packs have more common clips, special clips more rare.

So for instance, Anthony Edwards dunk over Yuta may have only 100 top shots made. Whereas a random Kendrick Nunn layup could have 10,000 top shots made. So the AE top shot is a bigger collectible.

Some mid highlights are selling for a lot too tho.

Bigger players/plays more rare so more value.
Preciate it. I never been a trading card type of person but this shit poppin right now.

Preciate it. I never been a trading card type of person but this shit poppin right now.

Yeah I’m not either but I’m down to flip bread lol. I caught onto this late though.

I heard UFC about to start their version, I’ll probably pass because I don’t know much about it.

but when the NFL dip their toe in the game I might see what it’s looking like.

The topshot shit not even gonna be fair though.

Cause they can go to the past and drop MJ highlights and that shit will fuck up the price of everything else. Plus theyll be so expensive us regular folk wont be able to get them.

The topshot shit not even gonna be fair though.

Cause they can go to the past and drop MJ highlights and that shit will fuck up the price of everything else. Plus theyll be so expensive us regular folk wont be able to get them.

Wait til the bots come through and crush the buildings

Wish I was around to snag the dirk moment,
Wait til the bots come through and crush the buildings
they already been crushing the bots, the line for packs is random, they been working of verifying identification for accounts. And they ban accounts with bot activity. Bots are struggling unlike snkrs where there’s nothing to fight against bots.

as for the MJ and other past highlights crashing the market, it not really something I see happening. Just like in trading cards.MJ trading card not even the highest selling/valued card. Most recently one sold for 1.2 million while a Luka doncic card sold for 4.6 million

Back