Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glazers getting hounded like he was on Rogue Traders or Cowboy Builders this morning on Sky Sports lol

We need to protest against his ridiculous bald ponytail too smh

Dominic Littlewood - Biography, Height & Life Story | Super Stars Bio

BBC One - Watchdog - Matt Allwright

Erm...not sure where you got that from.

The point is we should have more titles but you can clearly see that investment isn’t befitting the size of our club.
Comparisons with the likes of Chelsea, psg and city isn't really a fair assessment because Chelsea and city investment is literally catch up money.

The 3 teams mentioned investment was literally to change everything about the club, development, players (inflated wages) etc etc

Let's go to a hypothetical scenario if there wasn't a Chelsea or city in the premier League who could compete with the level of investment at United??? Arsenal no Liverpool no

Comparisons with the likes of Chelsea, psg and city isn't really a fair assessment because Chelsea and city investment is literally catch up money.

The 3 teams mentioned investment was literally to change everything about the club, development, players (inflated wages) etc etc

Let's go to a hypothetical scenario if there wasn't a Chelsea or city in the premier League who could compete with the level of investment at United??? Arsenal no Liverpool no

I see the point your making but it’s irrelevant to the point I’m making.

The table literally points out what has happened at the clubs since their respective owners have taken charge.

Now that you’ve (Chelsea) have caught up, is it cool to stop investing??? Or you still want continued success??

Last edited:
  • Ether
Reactions: GNS
I see the point your making but it’s irrelevant to the point I’m making.

The table literally points out what has happened at the clubs since their respective owners have taken charge.

Now that you’ve (Chelsea) have caught up, is it cool to stop investing??? Or you still want continued success??
To me investment doesn't seem to be the problem. Bad recruitment and the lack of a planning seems to be.

Bayern Munich for example have now adopted a model of signing some the best young players and letting them grow in the team. Look at the results.

Now look at Dortmund they have a great team but awful managers if klopp was in charge of this Dortmund we all agree this team would be challenging for champions League.

If Chelsea could find a way to corporate the youth team as well finding gems like Leicester I really don't see the need for heavily investment maybe one big signing a season. (What your club already does).

To me investment doesn't seem to be the problem. Bad recruitment and the lack of a planning seems to be.

Bayern Munich for example have now adopted a model of signing some the best young players and letting them grow in the team. Look at the results.

Now look at Dortmund they have a great team but awful managers if klopp was in charge of this Dortmund we all agree this team would be challenging for champions League.

If Chelsea could find a way to corporate the youth team as well finding gems like Leicester I really don't see the need for heavily investment maybe one big signing a season. (What your club already does).

Football changed due to Roman and the Middle Eastern oil money backed teams. It wasn't sustainable. How much did Neymar cost again? So you point is relevant to the current state of football. But your owner spent big on signings. He literally spent £250m during the height of the pandemic and wrote off your clubs debt. He did that so you can become more self sustainable and use revenue made to invest in the team rather than him just dipping into his savings.

But the problem comes when you buy a club with a loan and then sadle the club with the debt, the self sustainable model to stay at the top dies.

Imagine Roman sold the club tomorrow and the new owners rinse £1.5b from the club whilst investing just enough to attempt to get top 4? Is that good enough?

I agree on bad decision making.

And I have to agree even more with bad decision making. Jose spent £480m in 3 transfer windows.

Not saying he was the bad decision but some of the scouting wasn't great. Sanchez deal screams at me too...smh

Football changed due to Roman and the Middle Eastern oil money backed teams. It wasn't sustainable. How much did Neymar cost again? So you point is relevant to the current state of football. But your owner spent big on signings. He literally spent £250m during the height of the pandemic and wrote off your clubs debt. He did that so you can become more self sustainable and use revenue made to invest in the team rather than him just dipping into his savings.

But the problem comes when you buy a club with a loan and then sadle the club with the debt, the self sustainable model to stay at the top dies.

Imagine Roman sold the club tomorrow and the new owners rinse £1.5b from the club whilst investing just enough to attempt to get top 4? Is that good enough?

I agree on bad decision making.
I don't disagree that money changed football but they money is literally catch up money like i said paying that much for neymar and what was tuchel complaint and psg reply was there's no money for signings tuchel didn't get sacked because of results!

Again not ignoring your points simply suggesting comparing your club to teams with "no history" playing catch-up makes no sense!

To me united is just poorly run constantly over spending on players or not signing the right players. Bayern champions League team cost 130m when you see that you believe it's just investment???

I don't disagree that money changed football but they money is literally catch up money like i said paying that much for neymar and what was tuchel complaint and psg reply was there's no money for signings tuchel didn't get sacked because of results!

Again not ignoring your points simply suggesting comparing your club to teams with "no history" playing catch-up makes no sense!

To me united is just poorly run constantly over spending on players or not signing the right players. Bayern champions League team cost 130m when you see that you believe it's just investment???

Yea 100% agree.

As Utd fans that is the gripe. You buy the club with a loan. Meaning revenue made has to go to paying off interest, you then pay yourself on a yearly basis, never missing out on dividends. And when it comes to recruitment on the football side they throw money at it in intervals without any serious planning for the future or if players they buy fit the team or what the manager is asking for.

Another reason why Ole is underrated for the rebuild. Seems to me he’s fixed the recruitment issue. I think VDB will fall in to the team next season.

I think we will spend big this summer, but that will be to appease fans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back