Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours are strong on road that Poch is going to be the manager...sooner than we think.

Mark this post. We will be looking for a new manager in 2.5 years from now. He will not finish a 3 year contract.

They’ll get him a player in January, maybe two more in the summer. We will get top 4 next season then he won’t be backed. Meanwhile the Glaziers will continue to take their yearly dividends out the club.

Under Poch they may take dividends twice a year.

Utd fans think Ole and Pogba leaving will suddenly fix all our problems...

Fucking idiots never learn.

I hope Sancho doesn’t come because he will be the new man to blame when Pogba leaves.

If we do get him he will be at a WR fee and his skin isn’t white, when Poch doesn’t work out because the club is badly run...the stupid Utd fans will follow media rhetoric and blame the new £100m signing.

Scholes started the Pogba blame the other night and the fans have gone to new level of stupidness online! Pogba wasn’t on the pitch when we let them score two. It’s unbelievable.

Sancho saving grace is that he is English. But I would never come if I was him.

Can someone explain to me why Americans think the popular vote system is the best system? It's the worse thing!

Ive done a little research on the American voting system (and i mean a little, so i could be wrong) trying to understand wtf is going on with this election and found that 'the popular vote' is actually pretty pointless and doesnt really count for fck all...

I also found that American 'voters' dont even really vote for who they want to become president!!! They are voting for their electors??? wtf

SOURCE:

How does the popular or electoral vote affect elections?

In the 2016 election Hillary Clinton won the popular vote, nearly 3 million more votes nationally than Donald Trump, but because Trump secured 77 more electors than Clinton, in part due to narrow Trump victories in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin (in total 77,744 votes), he still won the presidency.

The reason this was possible is that the number of Electoral College members match the number of state’s members of congress, and these aren't representative. The number of congressmen assigned to each state in the House of Representatives hasn’t changed for over a century, so that today there are is one voting member for every 747,000 Americans; more than triple the original ratio.

However, this elector-to-voter ratio is an average. The real flaw in the system is that it varies wildly from state-to-state. Meaning that individual voters in some states hold a huge amount more real power than others. Voters in Wyoming have nearly four times as much influence as Californians do, for instance.

An example; Montana’s 1,050,493 people have just one House member but Rhode Island, a state with only 9,000 more residents is tipped into the bracket of having two House representatives, which is one for every 529,820 citizen. Suddenly every resident in Rhode Island has almost double the power compared to someone living in Montana.

In the most extreme case, npr reported that it would be possible to win a presidential election with just 23 per cent of the popular vote.

Voters living in states where the majority don’t agree with them end up feeling leads to voter disillusioned and sometimes even abstain from voting.

SOURCE:

What is the Electoral College?

‘Electoral College’ is the term given to the body of individuals who are selected or elected to be “electors”.

With no constitutional right to vote for the president or his running mate, US voters are basically voting for presidential electors on the general ballot. These electors then vote for the president and vice president of the US.

Why does the US adopt this complicated system of election to their highest office?

For the US’s Founding Fathers, their overlying concern was that one group or individual should not have overwhelming political power. “…authors of our constitution were very concerned about the American public might be fooled by a dangerous demagogue who flatters the people, who’s not a burning responsible leader that they felt that there had to be a check, in case the people decided very poorly and they wanted to give the electors discretion to vote as they please,” said Mark J. Rozell, Dean of the Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University.

The original system was for legislatures to choose electors, who were supposed to be distinguished citizens and were free to give their vote for their presidential candidate.

• Haha
Reactions: GNS
Rumours are strong on road that Poch is going to be the manager...sooner than we think.

Mark this post. We will be looking for a new manager in 2.5 years from now. He will not finish a 3 year contract.

They’ll get him a player in January, maybe two more in the summer. We will get top 4 next season then he won’t be backed. Meanwhile the Glaziers will continue to take their yearly dividends out the club.

Under Poch they may take dividends twice a year.

Utd fans think Ole and Pogba leaving will suddenly fix all our problems...

Fucking idiots never learn.

I see your point... Although Poch has a way of making players, play for him, he seems to make them gravitate to him... He done wonders with Spurs (and Southampton), granted Spurs have an owner who is actually a fan whilst we have owners that see the club as their money maker...

BUT if we keep doing poorly the club will lose fan and sponsor power, which will ultimately hit the Glaziers pockets... Especially if we end up being unable to attract top players to the club... I wish we had a director of football, which would help distance the Glaziers that bit further from the club...

Basically we need our next manager to turn the club around and win things, its probably the most important appointment since SAF left...

If I'm Poch, easy choice is PSG!
Worst case spend 3 years in Paris...win a couple of trophies and the United job will become available again by that time anyways to go back into it if needs be

I wouldn't touch that United job with @Water Ur Seeds's to be honest. The club is run by clowns and PSG guarantees trophies as well as boosting up your CV. He'd might as well become the manager of Cirque du Soleil before he takes the Man Ure job.

I’m glad people recognise the problem at Utd is not all down to the managers.

In other news I’m watching the election on FOX cause the incoming meltdown will be epic...

If Biden comes through today, I’m wake up tomorrow feeling like a proud black American. LMAO!!!

It’s looking like they did the right thing...

I’m glad people recognise the problem at Utd is not all down to the managers.

In other news I’m watching the election on FOX cause the incoming meltdown will be epic...

If Biden comes through today, I’m wake up tomorrow feeling like a proud black American. LMAO!!!

It’s looking like they did the right thing...

I've been in the election thread for last month and a bit reading, but camped in it since this week.

As soon it's official on Bidenll being POTUS, I can't wait for the Ether aftermath on them Trump supporters that I'm sure will be captured by ABW! lol

I've been in the election thread for last month and a bit reading, but camped in it since this week.

As soon it's official on Bidenll being POTUS, I can't wait for the Ether aftermath on them Trump supporters that I'm sure will be captured by ABW! lol

Bruh I’ve just been in there for the last half hour and there really is undercover Trump supporters trying to justify not voting!!

I’m shook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back