Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2019/2020 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Haland signing is big for Dortmund. Those mfers go weeks without starting a legit number 9.

He will get all the playing time he can handle and we will know if he is legit or not by the end of the season (I think he is).

Man Utd will probably be paying over 100 mil for him next season (just like we are about to pay for Sancho)

I know I have asked this before, but what are u guys thoughts on Sancho?

Was not sold before, but I have watched more of him this season and I think I am a believer.

hopefully he does not cut into our Mbappe money (let me dream)

I know I have asked this before, but what are u guys thoughts on Sancho?

Was not sold before, but I have watched more of him this season and I think I am a believer.

hopefully he does not cut into our Mbappe money (let me dream)
Every time I watch him I'm impressed however in the German league everyone tries to play football no one really sits back like that I do wonder how he would cope in that situation

What if VAR went something like this:

Sorta like the NFL, each manager has one challenge per game to use and can use for anything that happens on the pitch. But it’s one challenge so it needs to be used wisely. The only time VAR will intervene on its own for goals is during the final ten minutes of a match and extra time if necessary. Manager challenges during this time are null and void and can’t be used.

I probably have the least experience with this sport on this board as I am about six years in but I think this is a good idea. We all know VAR is annoying but I don’t wanna see it eliminated entirely, just restricted a bit. It does have its pros.

What do you all think? Give some ideas of your own, too

Sorta like the NFL, each manager has one challenge per game to use and can use for anything that happens on the pitch. But it’s one challenge so it needs to be used wisely. The only time VAR will intervene on its own for goals is during the final ten minutes of a match and extra time if necessary. Manager challenges during this time are null and void and can’t be used.

I probably have the least experience with this sport on this board as I am about six years in but I think this is a good idea. We all know VAR is annoying but I don’t wanna see it eliminated entirely, just restricted a bit. It does have its pros.

Interesting notion.

I love VAR and I have been pro VAR from day 1. However, my fundamental 2 big issues with its current application (in the premier league at least) is:

• the referees on the field not making the final decision and going to the monitors (don’t need to do so for offside decisions)
  • the lines and dotted lines bullshit for offside rulings. If it’s that close that you need to be talking about millimetres etc, given that there’s a margin of error of at least 13cm, then there’s no way of determining those close call decisions as being definitely offside, so why are people in Stockley Park circumventing objective technology limitations. A classic example being Sterling against West Ham at the start of the season when he was judged to be 2.4cm offside….really?! Let it be clear and obvious otherwise give the benefit to the attacker
If they addressed the above 2 situations, then it would vastly improve the experience.

Adding to your points on challenges, again that could work as a compromise to my first point of referees going to the monitors. If they only have to do it twice in a game, maybe they’d be less reluctance from PGMOL to allow them to do so. They’d have to be strict implementations on how and when a manager can make the call to bring back play on a decision – as you know from watching the game, virtually any time a player falls in the box, the manager is calling for it….but in your new application of VAR, what would be considered as a genuine call and not a natural reaction etc? Also if a player falls in the box and the referee waves play on, how long does the manager get to decide to make the official call to bring back play…10 seconds after the incident, 30 seconds? A lot can happen in that duration

We’d still be left with a judgement call in any case on certain decisions. 2 examples come to mind:

• the alleged “foul” on Origi which wasn’t given but then subsequently led to Rashford scoring in Liverpool v Man United game
  • the disallowed goal for Arsenal by Sokratis against Palace
Both went to VAR but there was still a matter of interpretation and judgment made in those decisions (grey area) and that will never change from the game

Always thought that it should copy tennis etc you get 3 chances of you are correct you keep your decision if not you lose it.....

Jose would have 0 after 10 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back