Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2019/2020 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the way Bournemouth play they will always concede, the price that 'smaller' clubs get for playing expansive football...
It doesnt have to be. Apart from Nathan Ake I can't name one defender he has signed in their time in the Prem who is impressive. Small as they may be he has splashed the cash further up the field in recent seasons. That lack of balance will prevent him being in the running for big jobs

It doesnt have to be. Apart from Nathan Ake I can't name one defender he has signed in their time in the Prem who is impressive. Small as they may be he has splashed the cash further up the field in recent seasons. That lack of balance will prevent him being in the running for big jobs

If you think about most expansive teams (in the epl) concede goals... City just conceded against Bournemouth almost a couple times but then they went straight down the other end and scored after Ederson made the save, same thing Bournemouth do...

Youre right though they dont have any stand out defenders, but Cook and Francis are solid defenders and this Mepham dude is suppose to be decent, Lloyd Kelly is a good left back hopefully he can step up to the EPL...

Finding defenders that can play out are hard to find these days but as its becoming the trend in generations to come it will almost normal and most defenders will have that technique in the locker... Same with keepers...

I really don't think Bournemouth's attack is an excuse for their defence to be as weak as it is. It feels like everyone trying to play attacking football these days is allowing people to get away with not being able to defend properly.

When we are giving excuses to Bournemouth for not being good in defence because they're a smaller team (in comparison to the big six) who happen to emphasise on attacking football then to me you're pushing the acceptance that defensive football is on life support.

OT:

Not into cricket but these last few moments of this England v Australia match are lit.

I really don't think Bournemouth's attack is an excuse for their defence to be as weak as it is. It feels like everyone trying to play attacking football these days is allowing people to get away with not being able to defend.

When we are giving excuses to Bournemouth for not being good in defence because they're a smaller team (in comparison to the big six) who happen to emphasise on attacking football then to me you're pushing the acceptance that defensive football is on life support.

OT:

Not into cricket but these last few moments of this England v Australia match are lit.

I think defensive football is on life suppose tbh defending in general is almost becoming a lost art... Now every club wants their teams to play expansive football, you get these newly promoted teams coming up and trying to trade blows with established teams and getting knocked for six but get praised by the pundits for 'giving it a go' and when clubs do play defensive or shut shop people moan...

Personally I think there is a time and place for both, I dont wanna see teams getting hammered by being naive but its like now clubs want a Kante, Fernandinho, Henderson in the middle to grab the ball and do the dirty work and allow the team play attacking football..

I think the media is partly responsible for pushing this 'right way to play' rubbish, granted we dont wanna our teams play like it everyweek but there are defo times to 'park the bus'...

I think Joelinton would be a good fit for Chelsea, got that hold up play that allows another player to play off him like Giroud but also can get the ball down and play and score solo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back