Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

I think I mentioned something like this a few pages back...
Gotta be real gullible to believe something funny isn't going on with the Russian team, doping and FIFA drug testing.... for a team that even Russians thought would struggle to win a game at the WC...and with a 38 year old they are covering more ground than any other team in the tournament. C'mon now

FIFA refused to act on significant evidence of widespread doping in Russia soccer, according to a new investigative report from the Mail on Sunday that reinforces past reports of similar failures.

Soccer’s global governing body – which has, over the past two decades, been one of the most corrupt in sports – was aware of what the Mail calls “documentary proof of institutional cover-ups” 18 months before the start of the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

https://sports.yahoo.com/fifa-knew-...othing-new-investigation-finds-025558754.html

So apparently Messi and Co gonna pick the team to face Nigeria...

Argentina's World Cup camp descended into chaos on Saturday night with reports that Jorge Sampaoli would stay on as coach but be stripped of effective power before Tuesday night's vital fixture with Nigeria.

With 2018 billed as the last chance for Lionel Messi to win the World Cup, the fallout from a 1-1 draw with Iceland and the 3-0 defeat with Croatia has seen senior players take concerns to AFA general manager Jorge Burruchaga.

And Argentina's 1986 World Cup winner Ricardo Giusti has claimed that he has spoken to Burruchaga, who has admitted that the players would be consulted for the Nigeria game.

Giusti said: 'The players will decide the team, that's a fact. If Sampaoli wants to sit in the bench, he can do it. If not, no problem.'

Are they going to pick the tactics too? Because it isn't all about personnel when they can't even play together as a unit especially at the back. Plus will Messi remove himself from penalty duties? Decisions, decisions!

On a separate note, today is Messi's birthday!!!

So apparently Messi and Co gonna pick the team to face Nigeria...

Are they going to pick the tactics too? Because it isn't all about personnel when they can't even play together as a unit especially at the back. Plus will Messi remove himself from penalty duties? Decisions, decisions!

On a separate note, today is Messi's birthday!!!

Something similair happened with holland during euros 2012, lost the first 2 matches and huntelaar, van persie, van der vaart, sneijder and a few others were all pissed at Van Marwijk, so he let the players decide how to play...Portugal handed us a legendary L and we went home regardless lol smh.

Gotta be real gullible to believe something funny isn't going on with the Russian team, doping and FIFA drug testing.... for a team that even Russians thought would struggle to win a game at the WC...and with a 38 year old they are covering more ground than any other team in the tournament. C'mon now

https://sports.yahoo.com/fifa-knew-...othing-new-investigation-finds-025558754.html

I know its naive to ignore signs of doping in football but I saw on the news that regarding the so called russian cover up its about a player that didnt make the final selection - who was also the only player treated by that doping doc, forgot his name - and was caught back in 2015. Seemed like a minor case.

Russians might just be chauvinistic af and give everything for the country - opposite effect of Brazil 2014, who turned into a bunch it emo bitches that cried during the national anthem etc - every player probably gets a massive financial bonus, fams set up for life etc, who knows how shit goes down in mother russia.

Or 20 years from now we ll hear about some new type of doping that was untraceable right now lol. Just like we heard afterwards about Juventus being all doped up back in 94/95/96 - played a CL final against ajax doped up and won - or like South Korea having the refs on their side back in 02 lol.

I know its naive to ignore signs of doping in football but I saw on the news that regarding the so called russian cover up its about a player that didnt make the final selection - who was also the only player treated by that doping doc, forgot his name - and was caught back in 2015. Seemed like a minor case.

Russians might just be chauvinistic af and give everything for the country - opposite effect of Brazil 2014, who turned into a bunch it emo bitches that cried during the national anthem etc - every player probably gets a massive financial bonus, fams set up for life etc, who knows how shit goes down in mother russia.

Or 20 years from now we ll hear about some new type of doping that was untraceable right now lol. Just like we heard afterwards about Juventus being all doped up back in 94/95/96 - played a CL final against ajax doped up and won - or like South Korea having the refs on their side back in 02 lol.

Players can dope all they want (there were rumours of leicester doping the year they won the epl too) but you still have to complete passes, read the game, have tactics and put the ball in the net... Its still bad though...

Something similair happened with holland during euros 2012, lost the first 2 matches and huntelaar, van persie, van der vaart, sneijder and a few others were all pissed at Van Marwijk, so he let the players decide how to play...Portugal handed us a legendary L and we went home regardless lol smh.

Let's hope history repeats itself. Like someone said online "Either Messi goes home or Nigeria goes home...."

Nice to see Loftus-Cheek starting. Thought Rashford would start ahead of Sterling. South Gate must have really loved his Players Tribune article.

I kind of think it’s unfair on Sterling not to start him but if it’s not happening, make an earlier change than the last game.

Back