Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

depending on how the rest of the WC goes, like a televised debate before the elections, this might be the moment where people on the fence will swing towards Ronaldo being better than Messi

Still think Mbappe is better at 19 than Messi n Ronnie were though! Seriously that kid is like a young og ronaldo, can only get better and might win a CL or WC...

But yeah cr7 fanboys got their 15 min of fame now and ignorant fans - which seem to be mostly man u n real boys - will jump on the cr7 is the goat bandwagon...

Untill Neymar throws portugal out the wc and theyll jump ship lol.

I think there's more to it than just Messi Vs Ronaldo

Portugal as a team and a set up is far superior than Argentina

Muller has 10 goals in 2 world cups plus a world cup medal. Doesn't mean he's better than Ronaldo in world cup football just means Germany system etc is superior

You're right that as a team they are better BUT
It's not even a debate as to which is the more talented squad. Portugal have made tons of lemonade from the lemons they've been given where as Argentina have been given the actual lemonade and they just spilled it all over the floor. Every. Friggin. Tournament. over the last few years.

Almost every not top 5 team in the world would take the Argentinian home based players, not even the euro based players, that's how talented they are. But
Coaching. Argentina somehow keep messing up with each coach theyve appointed throughout Messi's career. This was supposed to be the time they got it right with Sampaoli in charge and instead the muppet makes ridiculous selections (not selecting the best striker in Serie A) and lineup decisions (Not picking in-form Armani over bench warming Caballero, Not picking Dybala over Meza, Not playing Banega and Lo Celso in midfield and keeping them on the bench). Ridiculousness.

Despite my talk about coaching, from what one knows about CRonaldo, does one truly think if you switched Messi and Ronaldo, that Cristiano wouldn't have done better with this Argentina team? I think he would have. He lights a spark under his teammates(sometimes its bad other times it helps them get their act together) and his competitiveness is kobe, MJ esque despite his arrogance and narcissism.

Still think Mbappe is better at 19 than Messi n Ronnie were though! Seriously that kid is like a young og ronaldo, can only get better and might win a CL or WC...

But yeah cr7 fanboys got their 15 min of fame now and ignorant fans - which seem to be mostly man u n real boys - will jump on the cr7 is the goat bandwagon...

Untill Neymar throws portugal out the wc and theyll jump ship lol.

Not even close. Messi at 19 was still phenomenal. From U20 WC to Olympics and those early years at Barca. He was outstanding.
I still think he and Ronnie are the two goats OF THIS ERA. Messi has been let down by his teammates and coaches with the national teams, whereas Ronaldo hasn't.
But Ronaldo has played a part in an tournament championship for his country and Messi hasn't. (Higuain, coaching staff, etc let him down). It's tough but that's what it is.

Apparently messi is above criticism.

CR7 with 4 goals means nothing lol.

I know you're the CR7 #1 fan here but CR7 doesn't even have 1/10th the pressure Messi has on him when it comes to international football.

If Portugal go out in the QF of any tournament- Euros or WC, that's a success for Portugal and the Portuguese fans will be alright.
If Argentina go out in the SF of any tournamet- Copa or WC, that's a failure for Argentina and the Argentinian fans will be angry.

Messi has the pressure of playing for Argentina AND the pressure of having to live up to what Diego set. Factor in how Argentinian fans see him as more European/Spanish because he left home at an early age for Spain and you can see what he deals with every time. Then you have teammates that don't show up at major moments or when he is having a bad game (unlike CR7's teammates who show up when he does have a bad game-like they kinda carried him to the Euro 2016 win) and you gotta feel for Messi even a tiny bit.

Argentina got some MAJOR issues right now. They have some problems in their camp that are getting exposed slowly and we will find out more soon enough I'm sure.

Argentina got some MAJOR issues right now. They have some problems in their camp that are getting exposed slowly and we will find out more soon enough I'm sure.

Yup, definitely France 2010 all over again in that Argentina house. Those players been playing for the national team too long and haven’t accomplishing nothing just like France from 2006-2010. They’re not mature mentally enough.

Destroy and rebuild mode will be activated. They underachievers

Last edited:
I know you're the CR7 #1 fan here but CR7 doesn't even have 1/10th the pressure Messi has on him when it comes to international football.

If Portugal go out in the QF of any tournament- Euros or WC, that's a success for Portugal and the Portuguese fans will be alright.
If Argentina go out in the SF of any tournamet- Copa or WC, that's a failure for Argentina and the Argentinian fans will be angry.

Messi has the pressure of playing for Argentina AND the pressure of having to live up to what Diego set. Factor in how Argentinian fans see him as more European/Spanish because he left home at an early age for Spain and you can see what he deals with every time. Then you have teammates that don't show up at major moments or when he is having a bad game (unlike CR7's teammates who show up when he does have a bad game-like they kinda carried him to the Euro 2016 win) and you gotta feel for Messi even a tiny bit.

Don't be salty talking about #1 fan. The man does what he does and still catches heat. I see nothing but praise for messi 99% of the time and he does deserve to get criticized in Argentina, he's part of the team.

And fuck feeling for a millionaire playing a sport.

You're right that as a team they are better BUT
It's not even a debate as to which is the more talented squad. Portugal have made tons of lemonade from the lemons they've been given where as Argentina have been given the actual lemonade and they just spilled it all over the floor. Every. Friggin. Tournament. over the last few years.

Almost every not top 5 team in the world would take the Argentinian home based players, not even the euro based players, that's how talented they are. But
Coaching. Argentina somehow keep messing up with each coach theyve appointed throughout Messi's career. This was supposed to be the time they got it right with Sampaoli in charge and instead the muppet makes ridiculous selections (not selecting the best striker in Serie A) and lineup decisions (Not picking in-form Armani over bench warming Caballero, Not picking Dybala over Meza, Not playing Banega and Lo Celso in midfield and keeping them on the bench). Ridiculousness.

Despite my talk about coaching, from what one knows about CRonaldo, does one truly think if you switched Messi and Ronaldo, that Cristiano wouldn't have done better with this Argentina team? I think he would have. He lights a spark under his teammates(sometimes its bad other times it helps them get their act together) and his competitiveness is kobe, MJ esque despite his arrogance and narcissism.

I agree with almost everything you said but we must not forget before this world cup Ronaldo only scored 3 world cup goals.

It seems portugal manager has found the perfect system with them with counter attacking football so I'm not entirely sure if Ronaldo played yesterday he would of had a major impact.

Argentina have no system and the their fa has made the same mistakes as the England made with the golden genetation.

Don't be salty talking about #1 fan. The man does what he does and still catches heat. I see nothing but praise for messi 99% of the time and he does deserve to get criticized in Argentina, he's part of the team.

And fuck feeling for a millionaire playing a sport.

You’re right in regards to both should be criticized the same when not leading. At the end of the day, Messi, throughout his career, had a better national team than Ronaldo. National squad choked in 2 big finals. Maybe both Messi an Ronaldo fans should wait to crown who’s better when there career is over? They both feed off each other accomplishments which is good for the sport

You’re right in regards to both should be criticized the same when not leading. At the end of the day, Messi, throughout his career, had a better national team than Ronaldo. National squad choked in 2 big finals. Maybe both Messi an Ronaldo fans should wait to crown who’s better when there career is over? They both feed off each other accomplishments which is good for the sport

It brings up a trophy debate and what trophies are valued more lol.

Back