Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not the end of the world if all 3 go, even if we won the league they would all prolly wanna leave... DDG and Pogba already in Spain...

true but let's be real, they're currently your best players.
you'll get good gwap for all 3 (DDG/£60m-75m min, Lukaku/£60m-80m min, Pogba/£100m-150m min) of around £220 - £305m but you got a MAJOR rebuild job this Summer...

need at least 5-6 players: Right Back, Centre Back (min 1), right winger, striker (if lukaku goes), goalie (if DDG goes), two centre midfielders (1 creative if pogba goes)....and that's me being generous as I think you really need more but can't do it all in one window!

This guy on NBC sport just made a great analogy: Man U is like building a mansion with endless funds. The problem is you have your finance manager doing it when you need an architect and we shouldn't really knowing who Ed Woodward is (in name and face) the way we do. All United's problems are above the players and managers, it starts with people in the board managing the club not equipped for the job they have

@Water Ur Seeds @dasmooth1 @DNB1 @GNS

You man owe everyone in here an apology when we was calling your team trash you man wasn't having it

giphy.gif

true but let's be real, they're currently your best players.
you'll get good gwap for all 3 (DDG/£60m-75m min, Lukaku/£60m-80m min, Pogba/£100m-150m min) of around £220 - £305m but you got a MAJOR rebuild job this Summer...

need at least 5-6 players: Right Back, Centre Back (min 1), right winger, striker (if lukaku goes), goalie (if DDG goes), two centre midfielders (1 creative if pogba goes)....and that's me being generous as I think you really need more but can't do it all in one window!

This guy on NBC sport just made a great analogy: Man U is like building a mansion with endless funds. The problem is you have your finance manager doing it when you need an architect and we shouldn't really knowing who Ed Woodward is (in name and face) the way we do. All United's problems are above the players and managers, it starts with people in the board managing the club not equipped for the job they have

Lukaku is not good enough, it would be a shame to see DDG go as I dont know who we can replace him with, Pogba Im not fussed with as we will get big money for him and Im not sure he even wants to be here... The board have supported the mangers well imo other than Jose I think wanted a CB which we really, really, really needed which he through a hissy fit over... But yeah we need a a full back line from Right to Left, that should be our main priotity next window imo...

Lukaku is not good enough, it would be a shame to see DDG go as I dont know who we can replace him with, Pogba Im not fussed with as we will get big money for him and Im not sure he even wants to be here... The board have supported the mangers well imo other than Jose I think wanted a CB which we really, really, really needed which he through a hissy fit over... But yeah we need a a full back line from Right to Left, that should be our main priotity next window imo...

if you can do a deal with Madrid for either Pogba or DDG and get Navas in the mix, then I think that could work.
you're right, the board has absolutely supported each manager even Jose (he bought in Pogba for a then World transfer record fee, plus lukaku, matic, Fred, Bailly, Lindelof, Sanchez and Zlatan on big wages etc) but enough is enough in wasting money on players that don't justify it.

Get the governance in place of what it means to be a Man United player and the identity, then find a manager that will adopt its principles and philosophies (which you have in OGS), ensure that this is filtered down to youth level (Nicky Butt is managing that) and get a best-in-class Sporting/Football director that fully understands this philosophy but has a track record of being shrewd and ahead of the game in the market to work on this.
Perhaps you can adopt a two role approach: for example appoint Rio to handle domestic talent and youth/academy development that would be good for United and then another person from outside the United family that has the international pedigree for overseas talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back