Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2018/2019 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It needs a lot of work I'm not sure the system that traditional us sports use works on football

A change of system and it could be better than the spl

I actually agree... They need to stop trying to Americanise it, its like trying to reinvent the wheel, just take to the game like the rest of the world has... I never forget how they tried to fck with penalties haha

They gave a penalty, in a penalty shootout @2.32

:imdead:

It needs a lot of work I'm not sure the system that traditional us sports use works on football

There really isnt a system. They basically are treating it like the other sports as far as development. After you age out of the youth leagues (here its around 13) they pass you off to your school team and you go from there..where as in Europe from what I have seen continue to groom the elite players in the Academies...and if they are good enough at 18 they get placed on one of the clubs team tiers....

Last edited:
More new rules from next season... Not quite sure why attackers are banned from the walls??? haha

https://www.skysports.com/football/...among-those-amended-by-international-fa-board

In other changes approved by IFAB, substitutes will have to leave the pitch at the nearest goal line or touchline instead of walking to their technical area in a bid to stop time-wasting.

this is the only one of the new rules that I agree with.

the handball issue is gonna raise some interesting scenarios and interpretations

In other changes approved by IFAB, substitutes will have to leave the pitch at the nearest goal line or touchline instead of walking to their technical area in a bid to stop time-wasting.

this is the only one of the new rules that I agree with.

the handball issue is gonna raise some interesting scenarios and interpretations

I can see issues with subs tbh, with away fans in feisty derbies throwing things at players when they have to walk past... Especially in the Football League or SPL...

There really isnt a system. They basically are treating it like the other sports as far as development. After you age out of the youth leagues (here its around 13) they pass you off to your school team and you go from there..where as in Europe from what I have seen continue to groom the elite players in the Academies...and if they are good enough at 18 they get placed on one of the clubs team tiers....

I thought he was referring to the playoffs thing and not having relegation

Yeah I meant the playoffs and no relegation

But the school system could be a good thing.

I want someone to try the draft system

Following this display of real nigganess, I’ve decided he can stay and have sent word to the powers that be advising them so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back