Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully finish top 4, its going to be very important. I still believe in Conte, and want him to stay. He has "managed" in fear of losing his job this season and it has shown on pitch. Hopefully if he keeps his job and is supported in the transfer window, he can get his swagger from his first season back.

He needs to be backed in the transfer market but I sense this is the end he's had enough. If that's true I'm not sure the new manager will be backed after our signings or barkley Drinkwater .

Who leaves in the summer will be interesting

@Blue_London

tumblr_p5louvrVy31u3v7j3o1_540.jpg

Completely missing the point Spain's top tier teams are better than ours especially right now.

Their second tier teams are far better than ours spurs fulham Boro Everton liverpool etc didn't say I don't want to win this trophy they just couldn't.

And the Spanish teams have dominated it for so long now

Prem is definitely the more exciting league but that's it.

The year that we got knocked out by Kiev was a year we could have won it. Damn Martinez and Alcaraz.

Arsene Wenger didn't want to scout Willian in 2006 - ex-Arsenal scout

Arsene Wenger passed on scouting Chelsea midfielder Willian in 2006, says a former Arsenal scout.

Willian has hit the form of his Chelsea career since joining the Stamford Bridge club from Anzhi Makhachkala for €35.5 in the summer of 2013.

Before that, Willian spent six seasons at Shakhtar Donetsk after signing from Corinthians in August of 2007.

However, former Arsenal talent-finder Daniel Musatti told ESPN Brasil that Wenger could have nipped the Ukraine club to the Brazil international's signature, but the Frenchman preferred another player instead.

"I did the report of Denilson of São Paulo that year, and shortly after he was sold to England," Musatti said. "The athletes were recommended by Wenger's chief scout to the scouts of Brazil, they were all pre-determined.

"I made the suggestion that we watched Willian and make a full report of him for the analysis of Arsenal's chief scout, but at the time I was told that there was no interest because they were looking at another player."

"They asked me to do a complete scout of Neto Baiano, who was at Paulista de Jundiaí."

Neto, now 35 years old, never moved to Europe and currently plays for CRB in the Brazilian second division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back