Welcome To aBlackWeb

Relentless Revenge

PRAISE: Part Spartacus, Shakespeare, and Braveheart Gesta Danorum's story about Prince Amleth who's his father is brutally murdered by his uncle, who kidnaps the boy's mother. Two decades later, Amleth is now a Viking who raids Slavic villages. He soon meets a seeress who reminds him of his vow -- save his mother, kill his uncle, avenge his father is a blood drenched and intense film. Performances by the cast including : Alexander Skarsgård, Nicole Kidman, Claes Bang, Anya Taylor-Joy, Ethan Hawke, Björk, and Willem Dafoe are lived in,stunning,mesmerizing and intense.
Kidman and Skarsgård are the standouts . When Skarsgård speaks about revenge, hate and regret it is not only etched on his face but in his voice. Kidman is a chameleon she literally can change her tone in seconds. The film displays some mysticism and the fantastical which I enjoyed.
The film is beautifully shot,the violence is intense and not for the faint of heart. There was scene that really stood out to me so dizzying it felt like when I used to get on the biggest roller-coasters.
The score is also great as the drum beats just hype up an intense scene even more.

PROBLEMS: There is a slightly predictable turn. Sometimes the movie gets caught up in its own ambition to give the audience a little bit of everything and that's when it becomes a bit garbled.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

121c7a1012a110200efa4183122d9601ea3801d8.gifv

3cc91aa00a60a522b8a090d29bb86a2e4deccf8a.gifv

Saw it in theaters Sunday. Was pretty dope. I was hoping there was gonna be more action and battles, but it was still a cool movie for sure.

Back