Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News The NBA, NFL & UFC are planning to rewrite DMCA laws in order to shut down illegal livestreams “instantaneously”

Why not just remove out of market games. Make them available to everyone

Or come out with a service that gives all of them that's not outrageously expensive

NFL could have made a killing if they released their own streaming packages and let fans pick and choose teams to watch for a reasonable price

This shit won't help them. People who aren't paying to see those events won't suddenly start paying when the streams are gone. They'll just catch the replays when they become available.

It's a little funny to me how these leagues report all these big profits, but still put so much thought and effort into this matter.

This shit won't help them. People who aren't paying to see those events won't suddenly start paying when the streams are gone. They'll just catch the replays when they become available.

It's a little funny to me how these leagues report all these big profits, but still put so much thought and effort into this matter.
So you think out of the $28 billion worth of people who watch illegally..none of them are going to start paying ?

So you think out of the $28 billion worth of people who watch illegally..none of them are going to start paying ?

I can't speak for anyone else but myself, but I won't because I don't feel like it's worth what they are charging.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that feel like me and there are also others who simply can't afford it especially in today's economic climate. All the hardcore fans of these sports are likely already paying for the content. If there are any other people that can't do without seeing the events live, they might start buying, but only so long as it takes for someone to figure another shortcut and then they'll be gone again.

The problem is that a lot of people just don't think the value of the event matches the cost. These organizations out here charging the cost of a PS5/XBX game for a 3 hour event. That doesn't matchup. They could have tried to kill off the illegal streams while also making an effort to decrease the legal prices. That would have built some goodwill with the customer base, and I think more people would choose to buy-in. They didn't do that though, so I don't think it's going to change much just like getting rid of Napster and Limewire didn't lead to everyone buying a bunch more albums.

I can't speak for anyone else but myself, but I won't because I don't feel like it's worth what they are charging.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that feel like me and there are also others who simply can't afford it especially in today's economic climate. All the hardcore fans of these sports are likely already paying for the content. If there are any other people that can't do without seeing the events live, they'll might start buying, but only so long as it takes for someone to figure another shortcut and then they'll be gone again.

The problem is that a lot of people just don't think the value of the event matches the cost. The organizations out here charging the cost of a PS5/XBX game for a 3 hour event. That doesn't matchup. They could have tried to kill of the illegal streams while also making an effort to decrease the legal prices. That would have built some goodwill with the customer base, and I think more people would choose to buy-in. They didn't do that though, so I don't think it's going to change much.

Just like getting rid of Napster and Limewire didn't lead to everyone buying a bunch more albums.
Lost me at charging the cost of a game for a 3 hr event

I don’t understand how that describes paying for a full season of basketball games

And since you said you’re only speaking for yourself saying I don’t see how you can say this won’t help them at all

Lost me at charging the cost of a game for a 3 hr event

I don’t understand how that describes paying for a full season of basketball games

And since you said you’re only speaking for yourself saying I don’t see how you can say this won’t help them at all

The bold is obviously in reference to the UFC, and even if boxing promotions aren't named, I'm sure they want this to happen too.

That line isn't as applicable when talking about season passes, but it's still true even for those, that you'll likely still be able to see all those games for free after they've aired. So the only people that would really be hurt by this are the one who absolutely have to see every sporting event live.

I explained why I thought this wouldn't help the organizations all that much.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that feel like me and there are also others who simply can't afford it especially in today's economic climate. All the hardcore fans of these sports are likely already paying for the content. If there are any other people that can't do without seeing the events live, they might start buying, but only so long as it takes for someone to figure another shortcut and then they'll be gone again.

I don't think it's going to change much just like getting rid of Napster and Limewire didn't lead to everyone buying a bunch more albums.

I'm not sure what more you needed me to say.

The bold is obviously in reference to the UFC, and even if boxing promotions aren't named, I'm sure they want this to happen too.

That line isn't as applicable when talking about season passes, but it's still true even for those, that you'll likely still be able to see all those games for free after they've aired. So the only people that would really be hurt by this are the one who absolutely have to see every sporting event live.

I explained why I thought this wouldn't help the organizations all that much.

I'm not sure what more you needed me to say.
Ahh I thought this was only about the NBA

You got it big homie don’t beat me up

Back