Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Master Race (All Things PC Gaming)

bruh, 4GB of RAM with Win10 is tragic. Shit, 4GB on Wn7 is barely usable (them machine I'm on right now only has 4GB of RAM w/Win7 and the shit sucks).

(edit: nm, in order to use the same ram I have you'd have to OC the bus)
Should I overclock my gpu and CPU?

Dope

I'll report back once I got the new ram installed

It never dawned on me when I first built it, I was still on Windows 7 and 4gb might've cut it for that

Dope

I'll report back once I got the new ram installed

It never dawned on me when I first built it, I was still on Windows 7 and 4gb might've cut it for that

barely. I was trying to work using 4GB under Win7 and it would get to a point where the machine would crawl and eventually Windows would just start closing applications completely.

barely. I was trying to work using 4GB under Win7 and it would get to a point where the machine would crawl and eventually Windows would just start closing applications completely.
Damn

I feel dumb af now lol

Played some more building sim games this nothing

No issues with the current ram so I feel pretty confident the new ram will fix my issues

@konceptjones

ram finally came yesterday and immediately noticed a huge difference

i got a question though

i still kept the 4gb of ram i had in there, but my PC only recognizes the 16gb i put in yesterday

does the order that they are placed in the slots on the MB matter?

@konceptjones

ram finally came yesterday and immediately noticed a huge difference

i got a question though

i still kept the 4gb of ram i had in there, but my PC only recognizes the 16gb i put in yesterday

does the order that they are placed in the slots on the MB matter?

It can sometimes. Try changing the order and see if it works. The board is capable of handling up to 32gb so that really shouldn't be an issue. It should be installed with the 8GB sticks in slots 1 and 3 (the white slots) and the other sticks in the blue slots. I hate that they design boards like that instead of pairing the memory channels together.

Last edited:
It can sometimes. Try changing the order and see if it works. The board is capable of handling up to 32gb so that really shouldn't be an issue. It should be installed with the 8GB sticks in slots 1 and 3 (the white slots) and the other sticks in the blue slots. I hate that they design boards like that instead of pairing the memory channels together.
you know...thats EXACTLY what the issue is...my slots are gray and black, but i get your point

i'ma try that when i get home

preciate it brah

I'm constantly using Opera and constantly complaining about how much RAM it takes up. On my machine with 16GB it's not so much an issue but on this one with only 4GB it's a problem. I'm always having to close/reopen Opera to get it to dump RAM and spawned processes.

Alright so I currently don’t have a pc but it about time to start saving for one. Better game options etc. I need to learn about graphics cards and systems like the super basic shit

Alright so I currently don’t have a pc but it about time to start saving for one. Better game options etc. I need to learn about graphics cards and systems like the super basic shit
are you trying to do VR? 4k?

is this going to be primarily for gaming?

are you trying to do VR? 4k?

is this going to be primarily for gaming?

Primarily for gaming. Figure it’s its good for gaming it’s good enough to do regular stuff. 4K is the new wave right but can’t PCs always be upgraded?

Primarily for gaming. Figure it’s its good for gaming it’s good enough to do regular stuff. 4K is the new wave right but can’t PCs always be upgraded?

For the most part, yes.

The real question, though, is how much you trying to spend?

Back