Welcome To aBlackWeb

I just don't think everything needed to be linked in first season. This is supposed to be bigger than the movies
I get that...but once again, what impact did it have on the show? If we cut that entire arc out, does the show suffer from it? My biggest problem with the Harfoots however was that.... IT WAS BORING!

And another thing that I didn't like about the Harfoots. How your motto "no one gets left behind" yet you have a whole book of people that you indeed did leave behind? What about them getting mad at the stranger because that little girl got a tree branch dropped on her while he was healing it? Or what about the lady wanting to leave Nori and her family behind?

You are over thinking too much. There is no such thing as perfect writing. Not even in books.

I didn’t really care for the show as much as I thought I would due to the lack of adventure and the immersion that comes with it …

Both the LOTR and The Hobbit trilogy were basically about Gandalf the goat getting the band together to undergo an impossible mission while total war was eminent. Loads of scenery and wide cinematic shots of mofos just walking or on the run etc lol. Simple and pretty straightforward yet epic story telling and cinematography.

The above still might come in the upcoming seasons but they’re leaning to much on association with the source material and movies - and the GOT playbook - instead of telling a compelling story with replay value imo.

Sauron and the Maiar (which 5 become Istar) are the same but they aren't good and evil before they get to middle earth.

Just Sauron. And then Saruman after he got seduced by Sauron
You seem to know the lore outside of the 6 movies how far apart are the ages. This show takes place in the second age of middle earth how far apart from the 6 movies is that?

You seem to know the lore outside of the 6 movies how far apart are the ages. This show takes place in the second age of middle earth how far apart from the 6 movies is that?
Nah, I been more wrong then right lol

But I believe this is the 2nd age and the fellowship is the end of the 3rd age, Aregon coronation rings in the fourth age.

You talking a 1000+ yrs inbetweem. Rohan isn't an independent nation. Shire doesn't exist. Moria hasn't been devastated....again and again and again. And again. The lonely mountain is still lonely. River run hasn't established yet.

It's a LOOONNGGG gap. Hell the fight with Sauron fr fr is still yrs and yrs away

I didn’t really care for the show as much as I thought I would due to the lack of adventure and the immersion that comes with it …

Both the LOTR and The Hobbit trilogy were basically about Gandalf the goat getting the band together to undergo an impossible mission while total war was eminent. Loads of scenery and wide cinematic shots of mofos just walking or on the run etc lol. Simple and pretty straightforward yet epic story telling and cinematography.

The above still might come in the upcoming seasons but they’re leaning to much on association with the source material and movies - and the GOT playbook - instead of telling a compelling story with replay value imo.
Yeah but they was walking or on the run because they were carrying a magic ring of power that a dark mode was after. This series takes place a long timeid say 100s of years if not thousands before the 2 trilogies and are just now starting to see how the rings was made . There's no quest to destroy a ring yet. This series is leading up to the first battle for middle earth against sauron so there's going to be a lot of world building
Before they get to that point mordor didn't even exist until 2 episodes ago.

Yeah but they was walking or on the run because they were carrying a magic ring of power that a dark mode was after. This series takes place a long timeid say 100s of years if not thousands before the 2 trilogies and are just now starting to see how the rings was made . There's no quest to destroy a ring yet. This series is leading up to the first battle for middle earth against sauron so there's going to be a lot of world building

Oh I know, I just didn’t care that much about the world building as I thought I would beforehand.

ISILDUR!!!!!

What confuses me is the timeline they changed now makes it so that the elfs know who he is before he gives the rings to dwarfs and men

How does that work when Elrond and Durin are close friends. Does he not tell him and that ruins the friendship?

Plus what happens with that small kingdom that thinks they found their king but instead crowned Sauron?

What confuses me is the timeline they changed now makes it so that the elfs know who he is before he gives the rings to dwarfs and men

How does that work when Elrond and Durin are close friends. Does he not tell him and that ruins the friendship?

Plus what happens with that small kingdom that thinks they found their king but instead crowned Sauron?

yall said he was a shapeshifter. seem like that fixes the issue

You are over thinking too much. There is no such thing as perfect writing. Not even in books.
No one said it had to be perfect, just make a bit of sense or atleast make it more exciting or something. the writers shoulda overthought some stuff because they literally forgot what they wrote in an earlier episode.

In retrospect, Sauron lost the ring like a dummy lol. Why was he reaching out to Isildur instead of just decimating him like he did everyone else he had come across in the battlefield?
Yeah every time I rewatch that part I'm like, all they had to do watch cut his fingure off?

I'm sorry, but....wh-what does that have to do with the bad writing? I'm kinda confused here
I wouldn't call it bad writing. At all.

Hobbits are central to the story and has been since its inception. It's weird saying they did nothing for the show when aspect of the characters are there to world build

Infact, the Harfoots specifically are laying the ground work to why Hobbits are how they are. No one leaves the trail=equals no one leave the shire. You see a race that was forever on the move suddenly settle in one location. Why?

You cut out their story and you lose the interaction with the wizard who if it is Gandalf builds on why we see him so engrossed with them by the time we get to Frodo. And yoy can not sat Gandalf is boring or not needed to the story

Maybe the Harfoots were to slow/or boring but the writing on them have been astounding. We've seen traits of Frodo, Merry, Pippin, and Sam in that entire Harfoot society. Thats brilliant to me

I wouldn't call it bad writing. At all.

Hobbits are central to the story and has been since its inception. It's weird saying they did nothing for the show when aspect of the characters are there to world build

Infact, the Harfoots specifically are laying the ground work to why Hobbits are how they are. No one leaves the trail=equals no one leave the shire. You see a race that was forever on the move suddenly settle in one location. Why?

You cut out their story and you lose the interaction with the wizard who if it is Gandalf builds on why we see him so engrossed with them by the time we get to Frodo. And yoy can not sat Gandalf is boring or not needed to the story

Maybe the Harfoots were to slow/or boring but the writing on them have been astounding. We've seen traits of Frodo, Merry, Pippin, and Sam in that entire Harfoot society. Thats brilliant to me
All that and it was still BORING! What did watching them migrate add to the show besides nothing? These dudes sung a song about sticking together and not leaving anyone behind just to 10 minutes later read from a book about people they left behind and then put a family with an injured member to the back of the convoy where they would potentially get left behind. They added nothing to the show. Why? Because of BAD WRITING!

Sorry brother Chi, but

... a lot of y’all either don’t know or are fine with bad writing.

Back