Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Kobe Bean Bryant Appreciation Thread

Proud of my city tonight. They got everything from Boathouse Row to One Liberty lit up in purple and the Sixers tribute was beautiful. Rang the bell 9 times and played his last game intro in Philadelphia. "A 6'6 GUARD FROM LOWER MERION HIGH SCHOOL, WHERE HE WON THE TITLE IN 1996..."

Embiid called Bobby Jones for personal permission to wear his retired #24, then dropped 24 & 8 with the 24th point on a fadeaway yellin Kobe! Crazy.

I've heard so many Young Mamba stories from locals this week. He got pissed off about practice being cancelled for a snow day lol. He was icing his knees after games at age 10 lol. I can't believe I work down the street from where this dude was shooting hoops as a kid.
i didnt know you rep my city.

Byron Scott still the one person in the basketball world I don’t think we’ve heard from yet. Which is fine but I know him And Kobe were really close he was Kobe’s mentor on the Lakers when he came into the league

Even tho I wasn't a fan I respect Kobe and he's the 2nd best wing player I ever witnessed behind Jordan. He had no flaws in his game and can score from anywhere on the court.

I started to respect Kobe more when I saw how people tried to down play his ability as a player. I thought people were crazy.

Back