Welcome To aBlackWeb

The King Coming To Reclaim His Throne. Usher Working With Jermaine Dupri

How comes Usher stopped working with him in the first place ?

I'm just speculating, but the same thing always happens.

1. An established producer/mogul discovers somebody (like how Puff discovered Craig Mack)

2. The artist feels like the person that discovered him is taking all of his money

3. The artist gets out of his contract and flops

If you sat down and thought about it, there's dozens of cases of an artist claiming that he's getting ripped off, getting out of his contract, and flopping.

I'm just speculating, but the same thing always happens.

1. An established producer/mogul discovers somebody (like how Puff discovered Craig Mack)

2. The artist feels like the person that discovered him is taking all of his money

3. The artist gets out of his contract and flops

If you sat down and thought about it, there's dozens of cases of an artist claiming that he's getting ripped off, getting out of his contract, and flopping.

ok

You two are uncouth savages!

The first thought I had was if the album was going to be called 'Outbreak'.

How comes Usher stopped working with him in the first place ?
Like 5 Grand said.

But also its not uncommon for an artist to use different producers on different projects. Its really all about the energy a producer provides to the artist that leads to some sort of inspiration. I think for Usher and Jermaine it was just a "That place, that time" situation. Worked together for a bit then next thing you know they have a whole album of material.

Album gets released, is successful, tour is started, and they spend so much time apart that when they reunite that magic cannot always be re created. Sometimes it can after even more time apart, sometimes a producer and artist will force out another album and that doesnt always work out too well.

Like 5 Grand said.

But also its not uncommon for an artist to use different producers on different projects. Its really all about the energy a producer provides to the artist that leads to some sort of inspiration. I think for Usher and Jermaine it was just a "That place, that time" situation. Worked together for a bit then next thing you know they have a whole album of material.

Album gets released, is successful, tour is started, and they spend so much time apart that when they reunite that magic cannot always be re created. Sometimes it can after even more time apart, sometimes a producer and artist will force out another album and that doesnt always work out too well.
Im now noticing JD was a producer for most of Ushers career though. But still, the shit happens all the time.

Red Hot Chili Peppers used Rick Rubin as their producer most their careers but been experimenting with other producers like Danger Mouse and still having success. All part of the creative process.

Back