Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is it an American remake or did they just name jack a classic?

Literally came in the thread to ask this myself.

John Woo's "The Killer" is an all time classic flick. Nothing in the trailer looks like it's part of a remake so they're just hijacking the name.

Literally came in the thread to ask this myself.

John Woo's "The Killer" is an all time classic flick. Nothing in the trailer looks like it's part of a remake so they're just hijacking the name.

Yep, this is what I thought

Classic movie as well as Hard Boiled

I'm pretty sure anyone who saw The Killer watched it because they listened to Wu-Tang

• Cap
Reactions: GNS
Killer Confidential

PRAISE: I loved the opening line to this movie about an assassin who gets embroiled in an international manhunt because it's so true !!
There are two routes a movie like this can take. One would be ultra safe and clichéd and one would be just a bit clichéd but far more enjoyable. Fortunately Director David Fincher and writer Andrew Kevin Walker chose the latter. Michael Fassbender is terrific as the mysterious assassin. He turns in an intense, laser focused and unflinching performance. The assassins voice over is like a diary and instructional manual. Charles Parnell makes the most of his screen time and Tilda Swinton does so as well.
Fincher easily frames and presents his characters especially the assassin in such a way that I thought I knew everything about the character so it was very surprising when a turn happens I didn't see coming. Going back to the voice over I wonder if some of what is said was purposely put in to throw the viewer off a bit if so .....good job !!
Fincher also displays the partial paranoia a person may experience after doing something sinister. Fincher and Walker insert dark humor and nods to nostalgia that brought a big smile to my face. I appreciated the intensity and choreography in a standout action sequence.
Fincher definitely knows how to draw an audience in with a simple quiet conversation and then rattle them with an explosion of violence.

PROBLEMS: The pacing could have been better. I think the film could have used an extra fifteen minutes especially to flesh out a couple of under developed characters.
I wish one of the random characters had mentioned something about one of the running nostalgia nods in the film that would have added to the humor of it and been a bit more realistic.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

Fina watch this when I get off work

charlie-brown-dancing.gif

Back