Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Juneteenth Lounge

Damn nigga what happened

I’m tired of this shit

So I start there a few weeks ago and I’m so paranoid about doing the job right that I’m not showing enough enthusiasm towards my coworkers. On Monday, the woman who got me the job told me they like me but I need to try to “be part of the team”. Next few days I am working and getting to know my coworkers and shit. Yesterday, I answer the most phone calls and emails. One of the top guys tells me that I can leave early. It’s after 4 and I usually leave at 4:30. I asked him a few times if he’s sure I can leave early and he says yes so I do. A few hours later the girl who got me the job tells me that my assignment ended and I’m no longer needed. I keep calling her but she does pick up. I’m gonna give her a piece of my mind when I finally get to talk to her

I’m tired of this shit

So I start there a few weeks ago and I’m so paranoid about doing the job right that I’m not showing enough enthusiasm towards my coworkers. On Monday, the woman who got me the job told me they like me but I need to try to “be part of the team”. Next few days I am working and getting to know my coworkers and shit. Yesterday, I answer the most phone calls and emails. One of the top guys tells me that I can leave early. It’s after 4 and I usually leave at 4:30. I asked him a few times if he’s sure I can leave early and he says yes so I do. A few hours later the girl who got me the job tells me that my assignment ended and I’m no longer needed. I keep calling her but she does pick up. I’m gonna give her a piece of my mind when I finally get to talk to her

you think ol dude set you up or he already knew they was gonna let you go?

I’m tired of this shit

Did they give you a reason ? were you in a probationary period ?

you think ol dude set you up or he already knew they was gonna let you go?

I think they were gonna let me know regardless. I honestly can’t pinpoint what exactly I was doing wrong. That’s what frustrates me the most

No reason yet. Only had the job for 3 weeks
Sorry to about your situation. Do you find yourself in this position often, where you are let go and you’re not sure why?

Sometimes we have blind spots in our performance so just really reflect on this one. Sometimes what you are focused on doing right isn’t what they want.

I’ve had to realize this recently. I always thought as a manager/director I would be excel by leading AND being a hard worker and producing reports and insights.

But what my bosses really want is for me to make everybody under me do that shit and I focus on coaching/mentoring and making decisions and being in front of senior leadership.

Hardest lesson I’ve had to learn is what brought you here won’t take you there.

Back