Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Joe Budden Podcast

its all connected tho if Drake moving like a corporate entity tho aint it.

Aint nobody wanna hear that shit when Vince said it but Joe say it another way and niggas got the weebay face now

whaaaaat? Cac execs benefiting offa rap beef?!

View attachment 1297459

:hahaha:
I've only been telling you niggas that this is a problem and why I don't really fuck with hiphop like that for months now.

M4: I don't like people making me choose if I identify as black or white

Joe: How many forks did you have in the house growing up?

M4: ....... You mean in the cutlery drawer?

gif.gif

M4: I don't like people making me choose if I identify as black or white

Joe: How many forks did you have in the house growing up?

M4: ....... You mean in the cutlery drawer?

gif.gif
It’s not that hard of an answer. I’m mixed but I definitely identify with black culture.

For her to be so immersed in black culture professionally I wouldn’t think it too far a stretch to say she identifies as such.

Given that cutlery comment though maybe not, lol.

Drake being a corporate entity would further explain the White Boy comments that Ross has been making too

And somebody drop the damn patreon link, lol. I got a 2 hour drive coming up and I need something to listen to.

And don’t try to broke boi me cause it ain’t about the money, it’s the principle. I’ll never pay to hear people have a conversation.
Lemme see if niggas tell you to pay the tax

Can someone break this foundation in layman's terms?

Idk why it autocorrected to foundation smh

Drake being corporate and these rappers working for him

At the end of the day, all of these rappers, entertainers, and producers have a boss. As big of an artist as Drake is he still has a boss too.

The difference though is that artist like Drake, Jay-Z, Bey, Adele, Swift, are so far above the contemporaries that amongst their peers they look and move like bosses. That rubs some of those artist the wrong way. That's why you see so much hate and jealousy towards artist like Drake and the commentary around artist like Drake is that they think that they're bigger than the game itself but they still have a boss.

Both things can be true. Drake can be bigger than the game and still have a boss. That just means that there's a bigger boss than him which is okay if you're Drake but not okay if you're Rick Ross and you're trying to put out a hit with Drake and French Montana and Drake shelves it because Drake doesn't like how the record will affect his status. That's why you see the reactions like Ross where he's making comments about Drake's money and if he has so much money why doesn't he do what I want hi to do with it.

It makes Ross look like a hater because a nigga that has more to lose than he does, doesn't want to risk it for some shit that would benefit Ross more than Drake so in turn you get niggas beefing over "money" and "status".

The idea of Drake being corporate is that Drake is a big enough star that even though he still has a boss (Larry Jackson: Music Exec), Drake is the real money maker. He is the star. He is the reason why the shit is poppin. So when people criticize Drake for doing wack (subjective) tracks with artist like Yachty and Sexy Red they're missing the fact that Drake is the one that's moving units. Selling out shows. Giving artist a bigger light.

Drake is the corporation. Other artist might feel like Drake thinks that he's too big but the fact of the matter is that Drake is it right now. All of Ross top hits are featuring Drake. Sexy Red working with Drake will extend whatever platform she was on and slow down her eventual decline. As popular as Future is, he would be less popular if he didn't fuck with Drake. I'm not saying Future wouldn't be shit without Drake. I'm saying that Future's relationship with Drake has only helped him and not hurt him.

So when artist say people like Drake, Jay/Bey are moving funny, it's because when you become a big enough artist to become a corporation, you're not going to move the same way you did before.

Just look at Lil Wayne, 50 Cent, and Snoop Dogg. These niggas were all at the top of the RAP game at one point. They've become so big as artist that they were corporations much like Drake has become. Not nan one of them niggas moves like how they did when they were on top of the rap game.

Drake is 37. This nigga is about to start transitioning into the same stardom level that Wayne, 50, and Snoop tapped into and other artist don't like that.

At the end of the day, all of these rappers, entertainers, and producers have a boss. As big of an artist as Drake is he still has a boss too.

The difference though is that artist like Drake, Jay-Z, Bey, Adele, Swift, are so far above the contemporaries that amongst their peers they look and move like bosses. That rubs some of those artist the wrong way. That's why you see so much hate and jealousy towards artist like Drake and the commentary around artist like Drake is that they think that they're bigger than the game itself but they still have a boss.

Both things can be true. Drake can be bigger than the game and still have a boss. That just means that there's a bigger boss than him which is okay if you're Drake but not okay if you're Rick Ross and you're trying to put out a hit with Drake and French Montana and Drake shelves it because Drake doesn't like how the record will affect his status. That's why you see the reactions like Ross where he's making comments about Drake's money and if he has so much money why doesn't he do what I want hi to do with it.

It makes Ross look like a hater because a nigga that has more to lose than he does, doesn't want to risk it for some shit that would benefit Ross more than Drake so in turn you get niggas beefing over "money" and "status".

The idea of Drake being corporate is that Drake is a big enough star that even though he still has a boss (Larry Jackson: Music Exec), Drake is the real money maker. He is the star. He is the reason why the shit is poppin. So when people criticize Drake for doing wack (subjective) tracks with artist like Yachty and Sexy Red they're missing the fact that Drake is the one that's moving units. Selling out shows. Giving artist a bigger light.

Drake is the corporation. Other artist might feel like Drake thinks that he's too big but the fact of the matter is that Drake is it right now. All of Ross top hits are featuring Drake. Sexy Red working with Drake will extend whatever platform she was on and slow down her eventual decline. As popular as Future is, he would be less popular if he didn't fuck with Drake. I'm not saying Future wouldn't be shit without Drake. I'm saying that Future's relationship with Drake has only helped him and not hurt him.

So when artist say people like Drake, Jay/Bey are moving funny, it's because when you become a big enough artist to become a corporation, you're not going to move the same way you did before.

Just look at Lil Wayne, 50 Cent, and Snoop Dogg. These niggas were all at the top of the RAP game at one point. They've become so big as artist that they were corporations much like Drake has become. Not nan one of them niggas moves like how they did when they were on top of the rap game.

Drake is 37. This nigga is about to start transitioning into the same stardom level that Wayne, 50, and Snoop tapped into and other artist don't like that.
My man I said layman's term, not a novella lol

My man I said layman's term, not a novella lol
I still gotta do more research on it

but what I took from yesterday's pod was that Drake could possibly be a silent partner with the media company Gamma.

So think Jay-z being the president of Dej Jam, but on a larger scale with publishing ownership involved.

It's all speculation tho.

The fact they can all tell Mel she can come in with super short Jean shorts and be like “that shit don’t move me” is dope.

I know 1000 muhfuckas that would BUCKLE under the pressure of a woman as beautiful as her. Shouts out to the Pod for keeping her level.

Last edited:
Back