Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Good Side of the Pandemic

Awww man this just hit me. My grandpa been asking me when I'm coming to see him literally every time I get on the phone with him. I'm like man idk....cuz I refuse to get on a plane and I'd feel horrible if I caught that shit and passed it to him.

But lately I been feeling like I need to just go do it cuz who knows how long he gon be here. And this just put the battery in my back.
Go see your people I would give anything I have to see my grandpa one more time.

I used to catch a bad cold once every year..

It would usually last about 4 days or so.

Now that everybody is wearing masks, I haven’t caught a cold in well over a year.

Probably the first time in my life that has ever happened.

No sneezing, coughing, runny/stuffy nose, sore throat at all this year.

That can’t just be a coincidence.
The same thing would happen to me every year. 4 days to a week, almost annually. Yet since the pandemic/covid, I have not been sick at all. It has been a bit strange to me.

As far as other positives... I like that it sort of exposed the illusion of expertise or inflated confidence of certain professionals. No one had a clue what was going on in 2020 and swore the whole thing would be over in a couple of weeks. I heard this from the media, college professors, business professionals...no one saw this continuing on as it has. Except maybe those who read 1984. You really can only trust your own due diligence as most other presentations of "news" are completely biased towards promoting an agenda.

Last edited:
People are washing their hands more

Teleworking is becoming a norm

Pizza places are putting those stickers on the boxes to keep it closed

Movies are going to streaming (though that's slowly reverting back to theaters again)

Pause in student loans and strong discussions about canceling student debt

Awww man this just hit me. My grandpa been asking me when I'm coming to see him literally every time I get on the phone with him. I'm like man idk....cuz I refuse to get on a plane and I'd feel horrible if I caught that shit and passed it to him.

But lately I been feeling like I need to just go do it cuz who knows how long he gon be here. And this just put the battery in my back.

You could always drive. A road trip might be a good thing.

I got the Omicron. I feel fine and have an extra week off work for Christmas.

tenor.gif

Yea, gon head and take that trip before it becomes a life long regret.

Also, we getting old and starting to get emotional and family becoming way more important.

Lmao.

Seeing growth is just interesting to me. I used to not even tell my moms or sister I love you until my late 20s. Just didnt give a fuck. Then I was like shit what if this the last time I ever talk to them for whatever reason? Id been telling them I love them everytime we talk since that switch got turned on in my head.

Lmaoooo. Washed up and getting emotional

My relationship with my fam has always been great but I was living hours away from my fam for 10+ years. It was just the norm.

When the pandemic hit, i came back to my parents house that March thinking id be there for 1-2 months to do all their errands while they stayed inside.

That 2 month plan turned into like a year or however long it took for them to get vaccinated.

Under nornmal circumstances, i would have never been able to spend that time with my parents.

Getting moms cooking everyday, seeing my parents do the old people bickering, etc. I enjoyed every minute.

At the end, when they got vaccinated, i decided that I was done living far and got a local job and a crib close to them.

Even with all the negatives of covid, thats one thing ill always appreciate about it.

My parents are both 60+. So I know and knew that this is my last chance to ever spend THAT kind of time with them.

Shit really impacted my way of thinking and how I see life.

this is beautiful

Yea, gon head and take that trip before it becomes a life long regret.

Also, we getting old and starting to get emotional and family becoming way more important.

Lmao.

Seeing growth is just interesting to me. I used to not even tell my moms or sister I love you until my late 20s. Just didnt give a fuck. Then I was like shit what if this the last time I ever talk to them for whatever reason? Id been telling them I love them everytime we talk since that switch got turned on in my head.

Lmaoooo. Washed up and getting emotional
Bet this nigga cries watching rom coms

Not with $3+ for gas

But when you weigh the pros and cons
Car
1. To myself, not bothered by people
2. Can smoke and vibe out to music, podcasts etc
3. Can sightsee and enjoy the scene
4. Mfs can't drive
5. Time consuming
6. Tiring to drive for some
Plane
1. People
2. Dealing with all the people
3. Can't smoke a blunt to help relax you from dealing w/people
4. Shorter time commitment than driving
5. More exposure to other people's 😷 sicknesses
6. Not get a good seat on the plane 😕

Last edited:
I got laid off for the first time ever in life from a company I was with for 8 years. And basically I had worked structured corporate like jobs all my life.

After getting laid off, I cashed out my 401k and just chilled. I collected unemployment for a lil bit and then I started doing ubereats.

1st my ego and pride get put in check. I felt like I got a reality check. I was used to the white man's corporate world.

I also realized how blessed I was. One thing I felt sad about when I became a single mother at 23 was being able to physically be present and still financially take of my child. Even through the pandemic and being laid off I was able to accomplish this. I haven't had to work two/three jobs just to survive.

I also feel like it shook me out of the hamster wheel of the corporate path I was on. A entrepreneur spirit was sparked. While I have always known there's more to life than working and a few weeks of paid time off. When you think your happy and able to do all things you want...you think you are free. You subconsciously put off or procrastinate on your dreams.

The pandemic has help me to refocused on me.

Last edited:
Yall wasn't washing your hands and bathing before the pandemic?
The amount of times I use hand sanitizer has gone up drastically. I don’t even drink after my children, you sipped my juice, you tasted my cake? It’s yours now…I don’t shake hands or give daps to anyone, closed fist pound. When I come home, I immediately take off my clothes, bin them, and take a shower, where before I would have to feel situated..I might come down to da beater and boxers, but I didn’t jump in the shower immediately. Lil shit like that…

All in all I was actually co signing the part about work…and I was gone pop slick about you tryna play me out in public..but I’ve grown to recognize my toxic habits, so I answered your question with heart …on Facebook that got an emoji that is a smiley face hugging a heart..shit mad condescending how chicks be using that shit to curve niggaz..any way 🥰

it’s not on here

I got laid off for the first time ever in life from a company I was with for 8 years. And basically I had worked structured corporate like jobs all my life.

After getting laid off, I cashed out my 401k and just chilled. I collected unemployment for a lil bit and then I started doing ubereats.

1st my ego and pride get put in check. I felt like I got a reality check. I was used to the white man's corporate world.

I also realized how blessed I was. One thing I felt sad about when I became a single mother at 23 was being able to physically be present and still financially take of my child. Even through the pandemic and being laid off I was able to accomplish this. I haven't had to work two/three jobs just to survive.

I also feel like it shook me out of the hamster wheel of the corporate path I was on. A entrepreneur spirit was sparked. While I have always known there's more to life than working and a few weeks of paid time off. When you think your happy and able to do all things you want...you think you are free. You subconsciously put off or procrastinate on your dreams.

The pandemic has help me to refocused on me.
Now that I read this..I feel bad

:umf: This is heart warming

The amount of times I use hand sanitizer has gone up drastically. I don’t even drink after my children, you sipped my juice, you tasted my cake? It’s yours now…I don’t shake hands or give daps to anyone, closed fist pound. When I come home, I immediately take off my clothes, bin them, and take a shower, where before I would have to feel situated..I might come down to da beater and boxers, but I didn’t jump in the shower immediately. Lil shit like that…

All in all I was actually co signing the part about work…and I was gone pop slick about you tryna play me out in public..but I’ve grown to recognize my toxic habits, so I answered your question with heart …on Facebook that got an emoji that is a smiley face hugging a heart..shit mad condescending how chicks be using that shit to curve niggaz..any way 🥰

it’s not on here

My apologies if my sarcastic "curve" made you feel a way. Glad your taking all the precautions you need to be healthy and germ free.

200.gif

Back