Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Goat Of Every NBA Team

Dame over drexler

Nah. Drexler took his team to the Finals. He also played defense.

Bird over Russell is just straight-up disrespect.

Nah, Russell is the GWOAT with a crazy string of titles, but he wasn't even the best player on the team for each of those championships. He also wasn't as good an all around player as Bird.

Nah. Drexler took his team to the Finals. He also played defense.
Bill Walton over BOTH of them. He led Portland to their only NBA Title.
Nah, Russell is the GWOAT with a crazy string of titles, but he wasn't even the best player on the team for each of those championships. He also wasn't as good an all around player as Bird.
What the Fuck?

Russell - 5 MVPs
Bird - 3 MVPs

I really wish FMVP was invented when Russell played. Out of the 11 titles, I’m willing to bet he would’ve walked off with SEVEN of them, minimum. Why else you think the fuckin award is named after HIM?

Bird didn’t even win FMVP for his first ring in 81. That went to Cornbread Maxwell.

Stop this.

Mans averaged 10pts. No can do

Wall/Beal production is better but they didn’t do shit with it. Wes won NBA MVP as a rookie and won a ring/Finals MVP. Led the Bullets to four Finals in the 70’s. He’s our GOAT.

Bill Walton over BOTH of them. He led Portland to their only NBA Title.

What the Fuck?

Russell - 5 MVPs
Bird - 3 MVPs

I really wish FMVP was invented when Russell played. Out of the 11 titles, I’m willing to bet he would’ve walked off with SEVEN of them, minimum. Why else you think the fuckin award is named after HIM?

Bird didn’t even win FMVP for his first ring in 81. That went to Cornbread Maxwell.

Stop this.

Bill Russell won 5 MVPs largely because of the Celtics dominance. Wilt had much better numbers pretty much every year that Bill won. I ain't trying to down him, but his MVPs are pretty much the definition of him simply being the best player on the best team and not actually the best player in the year. Bird has fewer MVPs but there is less contention on whether or not he actually deserved them. And let's say you're right, Bill would have had 7 FMVPs out of 11 doesn't refute my statement that he wasn't the best player on his team every year. You're basically agreeing with me.

And you didn't even address the fact that Russell was basically a one way player. He could put up points when needed, but was mostly a rebounder and defender. Larry was a good two-way player his whole career.

Bill Russell won 5 MVPs largely because of the Celtics dominance. Wilt had much better numbers pretty much every year that Bill won. I ain't trying to down him, but his MVPs are pretty much the definition of him simply being the best player on the best team and not actually the best player in the year. Bird has fewer MVPs but there is less contention on whether or not he actually deserved them. And let's say you're right, Bill would have had 7 FMVPs out of 11 doesn't refute my statement that he wasn't the best player on his team every year. You're basically agreeing with me.

And you didn't even address the fact that Russell was basically a one way player. He could put up points when needed, but was mostly a rebounder and defender. Larry was a good two-way player his whole career.
How does ANY of that saying I'm agreeing with you, especially since I pointed out in a different thread that all his other teams combined won two rings and two MVPs after he retired?
Bill Russell:
5 rings, 1 MVP without Bob Cousy
2 rings without KC Jones
4 rings, 2 MVP without John Havilchek

Cousy, Jones, & Havilchek: 2 rings, 1 MVP without Russell COMBINED. (All from Havilchek in the 70s)

Fuck is yall talkin about? Bill WAS that team, just like Kareem was the early part of LA.
Yeah, I'm done here....

How does ANY of that saying I'm agreeing with you, especially since I pointed out in a different thread that all his other teams combined won two rings and two MVPs after he retired?

I said Bill Russell wasn't the best person on his team for every one of those championships. You said you believe he would have won FMVP for 7 of the 11 championships he won. Does that not mean that he wasn't the best player on the team for at least 4 of those championships?

Yeah, I'm done here....

Bruh, the league super top heavy back then and super limited in team competition. Bill and Wilt won like every MVP except two over a 10 year period, and again, Bill only won most of his because of Celtics supremacy, so miss me with the rings and MVPs argument. Bill was a beast in his era for sure, but that era was different. None of what you posted changes the fact that Russell was a one dimensional player and Bird wasn't. I'm not saying you're out of line to say Russell was the GOAT Celtic, but it's not an insult to him so say that Bird, who was a better all around player, is the GOAT Celtic.

You can't find anyone that had a greater Knick career, rings or no.
Walt Frazier > Ewing

Nevermind that he was part of the only two rings in Knicks history, but his individual resume is better too

Rings: Walt-2, Ewing-0
All NBA 1st teams: Walt-4, Ewing-1
All-Defense 1st teams: Walt-7, Ewing-0

What's Ewing's argument over Walt?

Back