Welcome To aBlackWeb

The first African American contestant to win National Spelling Bee is now aiming for Harvard, the NBA and NASA

Why does everyone think Harvard is the holy grail?

Fuck them. I’ve been on that campus. She’s better off shooting for Spelman, Hampton, or Howard.

It depends on what she wants to do. Topic title says she's looking to go to NASA. You can get good education in the hard sciences at HBCUs. I did, for example. But going to an IVY league school definitely has its benefits. The people at my job are pretty fair minded when it comes to giving people a chance and even they tend to gush over people that went to places like Harvard, MIT, or Stanford.

• Haha
Reactions: GNS
Lol cute, she going Ivy League or Stanford
Maybe

The new president of LSU is a brotha and he's been making a full court press to keep her here to highlight to other black youth to get educated here, stay here, grow the state/industry.

He's already brought in someone from another university who's well known in securing high level research grants.

She'll probably stay here to not be too homesick. I just wish her well in wherever she ends up

Maybe

The new president of LSU is a brotha and he's been making a full court press to keep her here to highlight to other black youth to get educated here, stay here, grow the state/industry.

He's already brought in someone from another university who's well known in securing high level research grants.

She'll probably stay here to not be too homesick. I just wish her well in wherever she ends up

Academically she’d be better off at Tulane

Academically she’d be better off at Tulane
Probably

I was gonna mention a scandal involving Tulane but it's the teaching hospital and not the University.

She from the westbank so she'll probably end up there

Back